The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

PSA for safety glasses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

While I was working in a machine shop, safety glasses WITH side shields were mandatory........no argument out of me............BS-1 get yourself some real safety glasses now that you had a wake up call............BTW, there are bifocal safety glasses with the reading glass lens on the bottom.

Last edited:
While I was working in a machine shop, safety glasses WITH side shields were mandatory........no argument out of me............BS-1 get yourself some real safety glasses now that you had a wake up call............BTW, there are bifocal safety glasses with the reading glass lens on the bottom.
I got crap in my eyes back in the 70s and had to have it picked out, so I'm always wearing some kind of glasses, even when mowing the yard.. problem I have is transitioning from reading to safety glasses.. sucks getting old.

I wear safety glasses with side shields every day and it dosent matter if you have em or not when your grinding that damn metal or spark will find its way to your eye no matter what
From that metal slivers perspective your eye sockets are literally funnels into your eyeball so even an indirect impact can still land shavings in the juicy bits.

TMO Supporting Vendors