The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Put my Silver Mach 1 w/handling package in the Classifieds!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The car will be traded in at one of the Dealerships I used to work at ( to save me taxes ) but they want me to remove or replace a lot of things. I have sold almost all of my track based cars, over the years , to friends or fellow track rats since it may seem odd, I like the idea that the machine continues to do some track or autocross time. Mods are all tasteful and beneficial and the Clear Bra was done before it ever was on a road course. Full listing is in the Classifieds so I don't put the long list down in two places , but do note my phone number is listed there. The car, with the CF hood, a factory rear seat delete kit dropped the weight down to around 3700 lbs. with a quarter of a tank of gas . That was with the 19x11 Apex wheels mounted, by the way, including Apex 25mm spacers.

In most cases the Dealership would take your trade ins, and they can assist with Financing, Ext. Service Contracts, and more if wanted. You can skip everything and just go through me, but as noted it will show from a Dealer so I can get trade in tax credit. I will be using the same store as I helped a bunch of you get Mustangs through. Pics of the Silver beast are also listed in the Classifieds. Any questions please feel free to send me an email or post on here.

Best Regards,
Bill Pemberton
[email protected]

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
To answer a question I received from one of you, I am just stating that the reason it will go through a Dealer is Nebraska is high on taxes. At this point, I am the one negotiating and will toss in various items for a fellow track rat, but if it goes to the Dealer in a bit they want the seat put back in and other items, so I will just sell the wheels , tow hook, rear seat delete and more separately. I will likely come out better that way, and like most Dealers they understand 90% of buyers don't want a track car. So there is no value to them and they will likely ask the same price or more.

I want the tax break, so it works well for me and what they can offer is just that , it is not necessary to finance or do other things with them, but it does make it convenient , especially if someone has a trade.

PS - oil, filter, brake fluid, and rear end fluid were just changed.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
The car will be traded in at one of the Dealerships I used to work at ( to save me taxes ) but they want me to remove or replace a lot of things. I have sold almost all of my track based cars, over the years , to friends or fellow track rats since it may seem odd, I like the idea that the machine continues to do some track or autocross time. Mods are all tasteful and beneficial and the Clear Bra was done before it ever was on a road course. Full listing is in the Classifieds so I don't put the long list down in two places , but do note my phone number is listed there. The car, with the CF hood, a factory rear seat delete kit dropped the weight down to around 3700 lbs. with a quarter of a tank of gas . That was with the 19x11 Apex wheels mounted, by the way, including Apex 25mm spacers.

In most cases the Dealership would take your trade ins, and they can assist with Financing, Ext. Service Contracts, and more if wanted. You can skip everything and just go through me, but as noted it will show from a Dealer so I can get trade in tax credit. I will be using the same store as I helped a bunch of you get Mustangs through. Pics of the Silver beast are also listed in the Classifieds. Any questions please feel free to send me an email or post on here.

Best Regards,
Bill Pemberton
[email protected]
:oops:

What did I miss? What will the next purchase be?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Unfortunately not a Mustang, though I am a long term planner and I do hope to have a caged S197 in the next couple years as I really miss W2W. Hopefully, something to run in American Iron or Spec Mustang, but I can't do it all at once. I have had over 20 Fords in my lifetime, so I know I will be back in one in the future.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Oh, I know myself, I am sure I will have another in the coming years ----- especially after being around all the guys at the Mustang Roundup in September.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
What AZBoss, the fact that I am selling my Mach or the fact that I know my old self that there will be another Mustang in my future in years to come?

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Unfortunately not a Mustang, though I am a long term planner and I do hope to have a caged S197 in the next couple years as I really miss W2W. Hopefully, something to run in American Iron or Spec Mustang, but I can't do it all at once. I have had over 20 Fords in my lifetime, so I know I will be back in one in the future.
😞

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Somebody buy this car fast and remove the temptation! If this were Eruption Green, there's a 50/50 chance I'd be on a plane with a bank check now. I don't need things like this for sale while I'm still trying to do an ESP build on the Boss. Plus I have nowhere to put it. Please, someone buy it, I'm begging you!

@Bill Pemberton, do you still have the factory shifter in case someone wants to make this legal for F Street? The MGW shifters are fantastic, but not allowed in Street (you can only change the shifter knob or paddles).

P.S. - Good to know you'll be sticking around, Bill, you're an invaluable resource.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I have every single item except the factory shifter. The hood, the hood pad, the rear seat, the fake grill lamp covers, even the stock wheel studs but...............no factory shifter . Whoops, I don't have the heavy resonators, pitched them to put in the x pipe. Heh, the car is fairly light for a S550, and no this is not April 1st Champale, ha!

I know it would make a solid CAM C car since my son ran it once in the Pro Class and he would have gotten second place in CAMC even though he was on a set of uncompetitive tires. We have very competitive Classes since the Nebraska Region of the SCCA runs the same site as Nationals.

Gee Dave_W, you could trade yours in and then we could have DaveW and Dave_W both running in CAMC, haha!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Forgot, I also have a set of used R7s that are probably good for 1 or 2 track days. I would take $2000 , plus shipping, for the virtually new Signature Wheels and yes this is a ton less than I previously asked , but now I will not need them ( 5000 new , plus shipping ). Pic of these wheels is on an early pic of the Mach 1.

11x19 and 11.5x19 , fit on standard studs.

TMO Supporting Vendors