The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

QTP Electirc Cutouts for Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QTP - Boss 302 electric cutouts for the quad exhaust, plus 2 wireless remote controlers.
Used for 2 months, new cost with remote controlers $429. now $250. Its ideal if you don't like loud exhaust all the time.
I found that I like the louder exhaust all the time, so thats why I am selling them. They work really well.

Does it look like there is a way to wire them in so you don't have to poke holes? Since it has the remotes, you shouldn't really need to have the buttons in the cabin. I asked QTP but didn't get a response.

I routed the wires from the electric cutouts to the transmitter threw a rubber ring in the trunk area.
I ran the wires to the transmitter which I placed under the back seat.

Interesting. Where did you get the power from? I'm considering getting them, but don't want to cut the harness or poke new holes. I would prefer a manual version, with a wing nut or something similar, but nobody seems to make one.

You can get the power it from an unused connector under the cup holder. It's switched B+ so theres no drain on the battery. You can tin the wire and push it into the connector the secure it so it dosn't vibrate out. Getting the wires from the cutouts to the controller is is pretty easy if you route them up behind the heat shield and under the rubber shift boot. I pop a couple of small holes in the heat shield and used pull ties to keep them going anywhere. Not sure if this is going to work out when I install my new MGW shifter though.

you don't have to poke a hole, run it through the opening where the shift boot fits in to the under body. You can lay the wire between the boot and the under body and gradually bring it up inside, maybe an inch horizontally then your in. It's a pain in the a but thats what I did. I also didn't notice anything that would rub the wire raw over time but a little electrical tape could cure your fears. The glue on the electrical tape will lube it when its hot and while cold the tape it self will deal with the rubbing, I was a bit skeptical at first until I look at it and did what I thought work best. Follow your instincts. It is a nice mod. Wife Mode, My mode. Good luck

TMO Supporting Vendors