The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Queue "The Hymn of Joy."

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Listen to Byron J , that is definitely the best looking and fastest color! You are obviously a brilliant individual and your taste in fine machinery is absolutely superb and shows an aptitude for the finer things in life.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Better change your heading though, she is just too much of a beauty, so phonetically and literally, it should properly read , " The Her of Joy!" Heck , that could be her name ....................Joy!!!!!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Common with some other cars when cold , and time to practice the one to three shift till warm. Have had a similar issue with some other cars I have owned and no problems with either my 2012 or 2013 Bosses once I let the tranny warm up. Just a thought and best of luck ----- plus since new to you are you aware of when the fluid was last changed?

Common with some other cars when cold , and time to practice the one to three shift till warm. Have had a similar issue with some other cars I have owned and no problems with either my 2012 or 2013 Bosses once I let the tranny warm up. Just a thought and best of luck ----- plus since new to you are you aware of when the fluid was last changed?
PMed ya.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I’d love to but it appears I’ve hit the ground running in regards to Boss 302 ownership woes. Got the infamous MT82 2nd gear cold grind.
Just means the tranny isn’t broken in yet. ;)

IIRC, the ‘13s should have gotten different fluid and maybe the additive. My ‘11 GT had the same problem and my ‘12 Boss never did.

The issue went away on the GT by the 2nd winter, a little over a year old.

It’s my opinion that the 2nd synchro can be a little tight from the factory and that break in is needed for ones that have this problem, and that different fluids or friction modifiers should help until then.

Good luck and congrats on the upgrade!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel