The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear end offset

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That is my car, if you guys are in california, you won't find anyone better to work with than Filip and Ryan (kertz fab). I am working with fillip on doing his wheels, and coil overs, you can do higher end dampers than he has listed, he will do AST, Moton, Ohlins or JRZ's. I haven't decided yet which dampers to go with. I am going to be out at infinion feb 11 & 12th to run basically stock (with watts and MM Caster Camber plates) we will check it out then and settle on which way to go.

ilesjohn said:
That is my car, if you guys are in california, you won't find anyone better to work with than Filip and Ryan (kertz fab). I am working with fillip on doing his wheels, and coil overs, you can do higher end dampers than he has listed, he will do AST, Moton, Ohlins or JRZ's. I haven't decided yet which dampers to go with. I am going to be out at infinion feb 11 & 12th to run basically stock (with watts and MM Caster Camber plates) we will check it out then and settle on which way to go.
Nice setup. I might have to take a drive out there that weekend. Which group are you running with?

faust said:
I was out at Infineon watching Corvette Racing shake down the new C6Rs and I ran into Filip, the owner of Cortex racing. I asked him about why the watts pivot rod end linkage attachments were in single shear. He had a very clear and interesting response. He pointed out the center pivot bolt sees all of the lateral cornering loads but each linkage bolt splits this load and only sees 1/2 of the total. One link is always in compression and the other in tension. He said that if you made the linkage bolts double shear they would be over designing those relative to the center pivot which would not make the system any stronger but the assembly would take up more space and weigh more with no benefit. This makes a lot of sense to me.

Here are a couple pictures I found of the Cortex system being installed in a Boss 302 LS.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/pWYZnANn5XmH99c7a-1WEdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/102238046544191725125/JohnIlesBOSS302LS?authkey=Gv1sRgCIuzoKHdl6zp2wE#5699193832768710946

pWYZnANn5XmH99c7a-1WEdMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0

SIek27aJl0ORKnEU-2PUCtMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0

Actually that is a pretty good explanation. But I always like a little over kill. The Cortex is the only Watts link currently available I'd consider buying.

TMO Supporting Vendors