The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Seven GT350's stolen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I live just minutes away from there and I've seen this on the other forums. But I have not seen or heard it on the local news. That white one isn't a GT350. At least not a R but it has red calipers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The white car that was torched looks like a s197 platform and not a GT350. Note the 1/4 window in the rear.
Also where the hell are the doors and front clip and the hood.

Just an FYI, the R's go down the assembly line with "roller" wheels on them. Note the white paint on the non R wheels they use as rollers in this photo. This is a real R model going down the line. They leave the production line and then are stored outside until they go to the "mod shop" which is on site and have the R wheels/tires, wing and the OTT Stripes (if ordered) installed. Note the white markings on the wheels of the burned car? Just sayin.
redrroller1_zpsauuhvura.png

302BOB said:
The night watchman must have went out for a pizza...........
Or was in on it. ;)

Those cars are probably in shipping containers already headed out of the country and the unfinished R was burned up because it wasn't finished and wasn't worth the effort anymore.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
superhero said:
The white car that was torched looks like a s197 platform and not a GT350. Note the 1/4 window in the rear.

Carbon fiber and aluminum burn away first. Post for side window looks like 550.

It would hurt to be waiting on your GT350 and have this happen to it. I've never heard of cars being stolen right off the factory lot, but the manufactures probably don't like that info to get out when it does happen. Pretty hard not to notice this though! I hope Ford squeezes out a few for those affected.

It is amazing to me how often things go wrong between the build and the delivery to the customer. Didn't a few Bosses get destroyed in a train wreck? I know Mazda had a boatload of cars sink about 10 years ago. And a friend of mine way back in 1978 had the Trans Am he ordered destroyed by vandals on the train to the distribution center. It isn't yours until you drive it off the lot.

superhero said:

No S197 has huge red calipers and shiny aluminum rotor hats and the rear fenders bulge too much to match, and from the start of the clip you can see the the pair of exhaust tips in the rubble. I think the unfinished R theory is spot on

It happens at every plant. Here's few that have been reported in the news.

http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2016/02/27/news/police/doc56cdd57578fea207739947.txt

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/local/detroit/detroit-police-find-stolen-40k-ford-mustangs

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/9066853-story

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Now that is a shame to see.

Should be easy to catch the Crooks, they just have to spot the containers with 20K ADM's posted on the door!

302HP

TMO Supporting Vendors