The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

SOLD Please remove

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great track pads, rotor friendly SERIOUS stopping power! Have a half a dozen track days on these pads and my rotors were still in good shape when I sold the car. Minimal wear on pads. Enough cold bite to drive to the track if you can deal with the noise :) $300 Paypal shipped 48 states or local pickup in western Pa.
Thanks,
Mark

6e599e59-3014-46f6-bd5e-fccc68c2d6f6_zpshjsht2am.png

Front
IMG_1766_zpscglyytdd.png

Rear
IMG_1767_zpsvd2irjhe.png

Re: Raybestos ST43 Track Pads full set F+R

Those pads have SICK stopping power! Surfergeek saw how late I was braking in Vegas for the 50th and went and put them on his S/C car.

It is pretty amazing how well these cars can stop with the right pads and a well bled system. I WILL be putting these pads on my 15 8)

I'm interested in these!
Would you happen to know how they compare to hawk's or carbotech's line-up?
I'm just trying to get an idea how these compare to my current XP24/10 combo.

Also, I noticed the rear pads don't have the springs. Has that caused any problems during street/track driving?
I drive the car on the weekend with my track pads, so dont mind the noise.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas

How are you getting your pads to last a half dozen track days and still have this much pad left? Are you on slicks or on DOT tires? What tracks did you run with these pads? I run hawk DTC 70's and 60's and I'm lucky to get them to last 6 track days. I've gone mostly away from the 70's now and gone with the 60's because they are cheaper and still offer sufficient stopping power. They also don't eat up my rotors as bad as the 70's did.

There must be some compromise with these pads. I just don't see how you can potentially get 12 track days with a set of race pads? I've never run them before so I'm curious to hear your feedback on them. Thanks

Adam

F.D. Sako:
The only Hawks that I have ever used were "blues" and I will not do that again. I know that Carbo makes a great pad but the bed in process has kept me away because I daily drive my car. Would have to buy 2 sets of pads in order to do that! With these I just swap the stockers out the night before give the car a few hard stops and I'm good to go. Works for me! The springs ARE included with the rear pads.

FlyBoy:
I can't really tell you why? I ran Conti take-off slicks on 10" SVE drifts square. Pittrace (Beaverun) and Nelson Ledges is were I ran these. Those tracks are not particularly hard on brakes! I can't compare to Hawks other than the blue pads and I didn't like those not to mention they destroyed the rotors on my Porsche. I only have six track days on these pads, not 12. It may be the way I use my brakes? I brake hard and late! I ran sintered copper pads on my S2000 and loved them. If I could have found them for the Boss that is what I would have used. I researched and found that these pads had traits very much like the copper that I liked so much so I took a chance and tried them out. They work almost identical to what I was used to! Enough cold bite to drive to the track,easy bed in, major fade free stopping power on the track and rotor friendly. When I traded my Boss in it had 31,000 miles on the odo. and it had the original rotors on the car good to go.

Cheers,
Mark

TMO Supporting Vendors