The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Spring question T, P or Steeda and camber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Hi, was about to get a set of springs for track use that did not have a big drop. Is there any difference in diameter of the springs? Was thinking which spring can take the most camber or are the all the same? I can get away with -1.5 on the stock setup with no knocking of the springs on the shock tower. Can not take a big drop as the roads to our tracks are not very good. Was thinking the T or Steeda springs would give me the perfect height.

Have MM camber plates and square 275/35-19 DIrezza IIZ tires, The rest of the suspension is stock.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks, was trying to find the P spring rates and actual drop front and rear. Seams to be almost nothing up front and 1 inch in the rear??

Splatter said:
Thanks, was trying to find the P spring rates and actual drop front and rear. Seams to be almost nothing up front and 1 inch in the rear??
That's correct. Many of us are using the P springs on our Bosses.

I have the steeda boss springs , the car sits nice and no nasty noises going over speed bumps etc , when I first put my springs and steeda plates on , I also pushed up on the top of the tires before tightening the two strut bolts , before it was aligned I had 2.25 on one of the sides and could still get my fingers in between the shock tower and the closest part at the top of the spring , way more clearance than I expected having that much neg camber . I set my camber at 1.25 for the street , works great.

After much debate on this very subject I just had P springs installed sat. Havent been able to drive it enough to get a feel yet.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel