The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sullivan Aluminium Pedals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Very useful tips in this post that convinced me to buy.

Called earlier this week to order, and wasn't sure which gas pedal to order -- I wanted a wider pedal, to help with Heel/Toe, but the extra wide is over 1" larger than stock and I was concerned it was a little too wide. Their standard pedal is 1/4-1/2" wider than the OEM, which was what I was going to go with.

Very worthwhile call. Turns out that they have made a custom gas pedal for the Mustang that is mid way between the two which I ordered. Will post photos of pre/post install, when it arrives.

Black KR said:

Called earlier this week to order, and wasn't sure which gas pedal to order -- I wanted a wider pedal, to help with Heel/Toe, but the extra wide is over 1" larger than stock and I was concerned it was a little too wide. Their standard pedal is 1/4-1/2" wider than the OEM, which was what I was going to go with.

Very worthwhile call. Turns out that they have made a custom gas pedal for the Mustang that is mid way between the two which I ordered. Will post photos of pre/post install, when it arrives.

Great minds think alike! ;D

They made the custom gas pedal for me.

Execllent product, service and company.

George

VTBoss302 said:
Black KR said:

Great minds think alike! ;D

They made the custom gas pedal for me.

Execllent product, service and company.

George

Would love to see a pic of the SRP custom gas pedal!

Highpower11 said:
Would love to see a pic of the SRP custom gas pedal!
Me too.

Thanks for the pic!

Nice! This might be the ticket as it does look narrower than their extra wide, and beefier than their standard width offerings. I've sent an inquiry to SRP to see if they can make me one in their racing-stripe, black anodize style to match my other SRP pedals. ;D

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
This is the same size pedal I went with. Colors were Silver with a blue stripe. They look nice and work great.

They manufacture so any combination of styles and colors should not be a problem.

Only issue I had was with the stainless mounting hardward. Two screws broke off before they were tight. A little WD-40 on the remaining screws eliminated the problem.

They look great and make it easy to execute heal and toe.....once I learned to keep my foot off the throttle whilke breaking. I learned fast. ;D

Interesting setup. I know some of the E46 M3 drivers use a brake pedal (GSP???) similar to this and they love it. I know this is highly subjective, but for me the brake pedal sits high compared to the gas pedal and with my narrow feet, I have a tough time with heel and toe. My technique isn't perfect and I'm getting better at it with practice, but I may experiment by moving the gas pedal out by about 1/8 to 1/4-inch so it's closer to the brake pedal height during braking. If I opt for the custom width gas pedal mentioned above, I'll wait for that before I experiment.

Highpower11 said:
Thanks for the pic!

Nice! This might be the ticket as it does look narrower than their extra wide, and beefier than their standard width offerings. I've sent an inquiry to SRP to see if they can make me one in their racing-stripe, black anodize style to match my other SRP pedals. ;D

Brian at SRP is making me the custom width gas pedal as mentioned above to match my others. Should see it around 4-weeks or so.

Black KR said:

Finally installed the custom width pedal yesterday. Works great. Here's the photo:

IMG_1881Small_zpsfeddad2b.jpg

Using others tips of a 90 degree drill adaptor with the addition of a spring loaded center punch made the Brake and Clutch install as easy as the Accelerator.

i just started trying heel and toe a couple of days ago, and it hasn't been going well lol.
a set of these pedals might help alot. that larger brake pedal is very interesting, it would help in left foot braking as well.

I am in the process of installing my Sullivan pedals and struggling with removal of the OEM pedals on the brake and clutch. Any hints for me?? The gas pedal was easy and that is now done.

drano38

Wayne
Um, go to the gym? ;)
Sorry.

The warmer the better, so if you're doing this in a non-heated garage, it will be difficult. Warm them up with a hair dryer and they'll be more pliable. I think I used a screw driver to pry the lip over the pedal.

After 20 minutes with my arms in that position, I am not sure shoulders are going to let me get back to the gym. Not a comfortable location to be working. I am doing it in a heat garage but I will still your advise and heat them up. Thanks for the quick reply!

TMO Supporting Vendors