The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The 1 and only 2012 Yellow Blaze/White Boss is on ebay

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-Boss-302-/321788625842?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4aec18c3b2&item=321788625842

So this person must be at least the second one to own it as it was sold and originally owned by a guy in Canada.

$_57.jpg

Yep, I had heard it had been sold. And as confirmation that it's the only one, see post #331 (I googled the VIN):

http://themustangsource.com/forums/f813/vehicle-number-plate-thread-493748/index17/

Propilot

Support your local MS Society Chapter
I hope the going price for a 1 of 1 is much higher than $26.7K. BJ and Mecom estimated mine to be valued in the $150-175K range. I'm also curious what his reserve is at.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Yours is definitely up there along with the one red LS they build for charity.

Value sounds right.

I would guess the white stripes will go for a premium no where near what yours was estimated at. Maybe 50% of yours. Although I have been wrong before!! :eek:

I dont know about that. The sliver Boss was built for a Specific purpose. Yes it is 1 of 1.
I thought the Yellow Blaze was a screw up on Fords part because white stripe were not offered with YB when ordered. Is that correct?

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
superhero said:
I dont know about that. The sliver Boss was built for a Specific purpose. Yes it is 1 of 1.
I thought the Yellow Blaze was a screw up on Fords part because white stripe were not offered with YB when ordered. Is that correct?

My understanding is that the car was ordered in Canada with the white stripes. The order system accepted the order although Ford did not intend for the car to be built with WHITE STRIPES. I believe the window sticker verified this.

So..If I remember correctly, it is a 1 of 1. I could be wrong....it's happened before, LOL. ;D

1 of 1 does not always make something more valuable and in this case the white instead of black accents does not make it better looking IMO.

I like the white stripes. the only thing that turns me off is the white roof. If that car had a painted YB roof it would look real good to me. Along with a white spolier of coarse. I feel the same way with Comp. orange and RR. I will say that I have a soft spot for the RR and comp. orange with white. Its just that roof in white. But I'm only one of 4000 owners and each of us are intitled to there choice.

Here's a group of pics of the orignal owner in Burlington, Ontario Canada. The story goes, he had no intention to sell it, just wanted a Boss, but was made an offer he could not refuse. Don't know if he bought another or not.

I did see the car at Dasilva Racing, a Mustang Performance shop in Pickering, ON once. I for one would love to have this car.

image.jpg

Check out page 16 of the Canadian version of the 2012 Mustang Sales Brochure. It shows the Boss colors and stripe color options and Yellow White is available. Don't know if it was supposed to be available or not, but the U.S. version does not show this color option.

http://kokaneeford.com/brochures/2012/2012_Mustang.pdf

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
It is not uncommon for US brands to offer slightly different packages in Canada. Why not, it's a different market with its own nuances.

Pontiac had a few cars in the 60-70's that looked a whole lot like Chevy's but were branded as a Pontiac. A few show up at local shows in the Chicago area.

I wish the current owner luck on his sale.

We'll see in five days.

RR2334 said:
Here's a group of pics of the orignal owner in Burlington, Ontario Canada. The story goes, he had no intention to sell it, just wanted a Boss, but was made an offer he could not refuse. Don't know if he bought another or not.

I did see the car at Dasilva Racing, a Mustang Performance shop in Pickering, ON once. I for one would love to have this car.

image.jpg

That is not quite how the story goes so will fill you in with a few details since the original owner and the present owner are both good friends of mine.

Because the original owner knew me well and also knew that I loved Boss 302 cars he offered this car to me in early 2014. When he contacted me I had just taken delivery of another Boss 302 so passed on the car but hooked up the original owner with the present owner who is also a good friend and neighbor of mine. Needless to say both parties came to terms and this car ended up in the South.

The original owner did not want to part with this car as he really enjoyed owning/driving #0049 for ~3 years but the C7 Corvettes were just starting to arrive in Canada and he wanted to experience owning the new Sting Ray so that is the direction that he went.

I cannot go into any other details about this car but having driven it numerous times it is an outstanding Boss 302 and I hope that it finds a great home?

Whoever buys this car will not only have a great vehicle to drive and enjoy but of course as we all know this is a unique and a "1 of 1" 2012 Boss 302.

PS: How this car came to have white accent stripes, decals and roof is an interesting story and will share that story if and when this car sells in the near future?

;)

RR2334 said:
Sorry about that, my apologies, it just the story that was told to me. I should following what my father says, "Believe nothing of what you hear and 1/2 of what you see."

No worries.

Since this car sold new in Ontario it would be fitting that maybe this car would end back up in Canada?

I am sure this car would look good in your garage!

Grant 302 said:
Too bad about the front plate. Only up to $30k with 4 days to go...

Agreed on the front plate.

If I owned it I would look at taking it off depending what it looks like underneath?

Then again I guess that could be considered part of the patina of the car as that front plate was required in Ontario so not much choice at the time.

TMO Supporting Vendors