The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Boss Party is Over For Now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wikdfasst said:
8)Hello!
I'm the guy in Canada who owns the one & only 2012 Yellow Blaze Boss with a white stripe. I've been trying to get on this site for quite some time but have been unsuccessful because my email account did not work with BMO. I've finally set up a new email account & successfully registered with BMO
My Boss now has approx. 10,000 km (or about 6,000 mi) on it. I took delivery of it on Apr 2/11. It was a very early production Boss - #0049. It was actually a confirmed Ford production error that caused the production line to stop because it was not an acceptable color combination! Ford allowed it to go through because it was too late to stop it but absolutely no others like it would be produced. The pictures you see above are mine which I took in my home driveway in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. I took the pictures with me to Track Attack which I attended in Sep/11. No body could actually believe I had a car like that! TA was a fabulous time for my wife & I. First class all the way!
The car has performed without problems as a DD in the summer months only. I store it indoors during the cold winter months.
I'm glad you found us, welcome to BMO and I'm glad to see you're driving your Boss.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: The Boss Party is Over For Now

wikdfasst said:
8)Hello!
I'm the guy in Canada who owns the one & only 2012 Yellow Blaze Boss with a white stripe. I've been trying to get on this site for quite some time but have been unsuccessful because my email account did not work with BMO. I've finally set up a new email account & successfully registered with BMO
My Boss now has approx. 10,000 km (or about 6,000 mi) on it. I took delivery of it on Apr 2/11. It was a very early production Boss - #0049. It was actually a confirmed Ford production error that caused the production line to stop because it was not an acceptable color combination! Ford allowed it to go through because it was too late to stop it but absolutely no others like it would be produced. The pictures you see above are mine which I took in my home driveway in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. I took the pictures with me to Track Attack which I attended in Sep/11. No body could actually believe I had a car like that! TA was a fabulous time for my wife & I. First class all the way!
The car has performed without problems as a DD in the summer months only. I store it indoors during the cold winter months.
Welcome, I really like when people like yourself register on sites and we can put a personal connection with cars like yours.

BLAZN BOSS

NFSBOSS said:
One slight change to your above scenario. The white stripe option WAS on the order guide for the Canadian cars by mistake. He was the only one who ordered one before they caught the mistake. I think if a couple of others had been ordered early on they would have been made too. I think it looks good.

2012yellowwhiteBOSS_zpsa6dd813f.jpg

Don't forget the pink one. ;)

pinkboss.jpg
I think this car looks good.......really the thing it needs is polished aluminum to go with the white........the factory black rims go well with the black stripe. I actually built a yellow with white one on the ford customizer and liked it! Nice car AY!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
NFSBOSS said:
One slight change to your above scenario. The white stripe option WAS on the order guide for the Canadian cars by mistake. He was the only one who ordered one before they caught the mistake. I think if a couple of others had been ordered early on they would have been made too. I think it looks good.

2012yellowwhiteBOSS_zpsa6dd813f.jpg

Don't forget the pink one. ;)

pinkboss.jpg

Only one mistake. Not too bad for an old guy. LOL.

Hope that is photo shop pink. ;D Or maybe the long lost Mary Kay boss

TMSBOSS said:
Only one mistake. Not too bad for an old guy. LOL.

Hope that is photo shop pink. ;D Or maybe the long lost Mary Kay boss
Blazn Bosss. the Boss with the white stripe currently has gun-metal Ford Racing 19" rims. Stayed with the 19" rims so I wouldn't have to re-program the Track Key.
I kept the original black rims in case they are ever needed. I think it looks great now!

wikdfasst said:
Blazn Bosss. the Boss with the white stripe currently has gun-metal Ford Racing 19" rims. Stayed with the 19" rims so I wouldn't have to re-program the Track Key.
I kept the original black rims in case they are ever needed. I think it looks great now!
Waiting on pictures of wheels on the albino yellow blaze.

"TA was a fabulous time for my wife & I"

Im sorry but did you mean TRACK ATTACK when you said TA?

You have a Canadian Boss 302 and were allowed to take part? My blood is starting to boil. Please confirm this before I start firing emails to Ford Canada =D.

sadil said:

You have a Canadian Boss 302 and were allowed to take part? My blood is starting to boil. Please confirm this before I start firing emails to Ford Canada =D.
So Boss is from Canada and he was there when I was. Who told you Canadians couldn't go?

wikdfasst said:
8)Hello!

So glad you finally made onto the site!! I/we would love to see more pics of your car! This site does not host pictures directly, so you would need to post them on Photobucket, Flickr, or www.themustangsource.com, then link to them here.

This post tells you how to use Photobucket.

Have you received your owner's kit yet? It took a while, but Ford of Canada was finally convinced to send them out. A few of us have been hoping for a sighting of you and your car, not the least fenderaddict2, who lives in Oakville and posts here and over on TMS. I've moved to the UK, but will be back and in your area near the end of June, I would love to see your car in person.

Welcome to the site, I hope you will find us to be a friendly bunch. :)

wikdfasst said:
8)Hello!

Hello:

I think the color combination of your car is absolutely terrific and I would like to see your car in person if you are okay with that? I have a son who lives in Burlington and my wife and I will be visiting him in early June so hopefully we can get together to discuss you very unique and great looking Boss 302?

There are some very unique new generation Boss 302 cars owned by Canadians starting with your one of one Yellow Blaze Metallic with White C stripes and then "PP0005" which is the only 2012 Boss 302 Pilot Production car built and shipped to Canada which is a one of one car and resides in the greater Toronto area as well.

I am also a Canadian who lives in America and I am very fortunate to own "PP0001" which is the earliest built Boss 302 Laguna Seca Pilot Production car that passed all Ford emission and safety standards and ended up being sold to the general public.

The original window sticker for "PP0001" is somewhat different than the second issued window sticker in many ways and I am very fortunate to have obtained the original window sticker as neither the car was to be sold to the public nor was the window sticker to be released to anyone outside of Ford.

Having said all that I feel very fortunate to reside in this great country and I cannot say enough about the people that we have made friends with in the South and the way of life that America has offered to my wife and myself.

Hopefully we can hook up when I am in Burlington in early June as I look forward to seeing your car?

Congratulations on a great looking and unique Boss 302!

Cheers,

Harry

8)

BLAZN BOSS

wikdfasst said:
i bet it looks great!!.......please post pictures!

Fiddler49 said:
So Boss is from Canada and he was there when I was. Who told you Canadians couldn't go?

I was told by the organizers. Maybe I can sneak in by just saying my VIN and not mentioning Canada at all...

That's a fun color combo! Now, I wish that Ford would have let me get Kona Blue with a black stripe!

wikdfasst said:
8)Hello!

Bay Area
Tucson302 said:
How much were they asking for it?

250,000 but open to offers.SO I was told. Do not quote me.

http://cardiff-classics.ebizautos.com/detail-1969-ford-mustang-boss_429-used-10508215.html

Online it say 69 but the paperwork showed it as a 70

sadil said:

Yes, I did go to Track Attack in Sep/11 after I took delivery of my car in Apr/11. TA was offered to ALL new Boss owners for the 2012 model year. Unfortunately it seems that Ford Canada has dictated that the program is not available to 2013 model year owners in Canada. I think that is a MAJOR mistake on Ford Canada's part, especially considering that, on average, we pay about $10K more for the same car in Canada!! Very shortsighted on Ford's part. :mad:

PTRocks said:
So glad you finally made onto the site!! I/we would love to see more pics of your car! This site does not host pictures directly, so you would need to post them on Photobucket, Flickr, or www.themustangsource.com, then link to them here.

This post tells you how to use Photobucket.

Have you received your owner's kit yet? It took a while, but Ford of Canada was finally convinced to send them out. A few of us have been hoping for a sighting of you and your car, not the least fenderaddict2, who lives in Oakville and posts here and over on TMS. I've moved to the UK, but will be back and in your area near the end of June, I would love to see your car in person.

Welcome to the site, I hope you will find us to be a friendly bunch. :)
Thanks for the welcome. I have been watching this sight almost since it started but was never able to successfully log on to the sight until now. Lots of great information and advice.
I'm a member of the Golden Horseshoe Mustang Association which meets monthly in Oakville.
I finally received my owner's kit about 2 months ago - only been waiting since April, 2011!!! I'm glad Ford Canada finally reacted favourably to all the complaints they received from Canadian Boss owners. It's a great kit.

byronj said:
Is the party ever really over? I dont even think the party stopped in 1970. I just saw a Boss 429 for sale at my local classic car shop and damn it was awesome.

and slower than your current Boss. ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel