The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 The return of Celeste Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Southern California
View attachment 96545

Gave the green light to the shop to pull the old engine and drop in the new one. Received this photo from the shop. Looks like the engine threw a rod through the oil pan?

In all seriousness, things like this make great wall art. I can't count the amount of times I've been thankful I saved my engine block with the hole when I stub my toe on it. Keep it with pride and move forward!

If only u kept promises to customers like u respond to threads

In all seriousness, things like this make great wall art. I can't count the amount of times I've been thankful I saved my engine block with the hole when I stub my toe on it. Keep it with pride and move forward!

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Oh hush Tony. You were in Europe sending me selfies when my vents were on your doorstep. You can't imagine the abandonment issues they must have felt! Btw are they installed yet? ARE THEY TONY?!
Nearly 3 hours, no response. If only ur customerz wood respond 2 u like u rispond 2 threds.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Southern California
Nearly 3 hours, no response. If only ur customerz wood respond 2 u like u rispond 2 threds.
Classic Tony. This is why @honeybadger got his vents first. Kevin would have responded to me three times by now and would have sent me 7 pictures of them inside his 125 ft. trailer.

TX
Oh hush Tony. You were in Europe sending me selfies when my vents were on your doorstep. You can't imagine the abandonment issues they must have felt! Btw are they installed yet? ARE THEY TONY?!

No. The slacker is bribing me to drive all the way up to WI and install them for him.

Classic Tony. This is why @honeybadger got his vents first. Kevin would have responded to me three times by now and would have sent me 7 pictures of them inside his 125 ft. trailer.
126ft and $186,000 trailer.

thank god kevin takes affirm……….a firm rod 👀

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Southern California
I only attack you with my love Kevin.

I have never had more fun than I have ruining myself financially. Welcome to the club! We meet every Sunday but have no money for pizza.
We take turns paying for pizza with affirm

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Chicagoland
Stopped by the shop today after work to drop off the Boss 302R steering rack that came in from Capaldi Racing. Will be easy to replace the old one with the engine out of the car. They will be doing that and dropping in the new engine tomorrow. For some reason, they had to remove the transmission from the car to get the engine out. Anyway, should all be getting put back together tomorrow, and hopefully car will be running by Monday or Tuesday. After that, will have to adjust/finalize the tune, and then off to the bodyshop.

IMG_7559.jpeg

New 37k mile engine ready to be installed. Transferred the Kooks LT headers over from the old engine, will keep the same exhaust set up. This one already came with a boss 302 intake manifold.
IMG_7560.jpeg

Hole on the bottom of the side of the old engine block, in addition to the hole in the oil pan. Definitely threw a rod.

IMG_7557.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors