The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

tire/wheel gurus......help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have heard and read that a 305 tire will fit on 18x10 wheels and fit on the front. Has anyone done this or personally know someone who has? What offset would be needed? I have been doing some research on square setups so for this application I am interested in offsets not only in general but also and more specifically if a spacer would be needed, and what size, for the front if the front and rear wheels had the same offset.

Thanks in advance for any help!

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Adam... look at Terry's posts at Vorshlag. Here is a 315x35: LINK

results is that it is really pinched on a 10X wheel. 305 is 10mm smaller... so it might be a little better.

steveespo said:
Sorry I can't help but man that's alot of tire up front. No understeer allowed!
Yea that's what I envy about my buddies Z06s. 315s up front and 335s out back. They look like steamrollers. I don't envy their gold chains though ;D

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
More than a 295 on a 10" rim is to pinched. A 295 is an 11.5 in wide tread so not sure you realistically need any more tire on front.

Peter

TMO Supporting Vendors