The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tires for 3k mile drive & HPDE at COTA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That is a very great offer. I’m doing the Chin event Nov 14-15. I’ll have an instructor. Since I’ve not been there before will start at Novice (Per their rules) then hopefully bump up. I’ll see if I can find any slicks but honestly I’m just there to have fun and sometimes the best way to learn is on tires not the best. I’ve just retired from road racing motorcycles for over 18 years at expert level. I know this is Different as I did track days before motorcycle racing. I’m hearing the ECS2 are not hobble especially if it is cool out. They did ok at Barber in August 90+ heat.
 

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top