The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

tires for wet and cold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I went to Les schwab today to see about getting some tires that may be a little better for the rain or colder weather coming soon and was suprised to learn there is not much out there. I am trying to stick with a very similar size but only found one all season. I have a set of LS 19 inch wheels from Ford racing. Toyo proxy 4. Any other ideas.

Continental makes a good tire for winter driving but I can't remember which model. Ask Pete.

http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-mustang-wheel-boss-302s-front-p-1200.html

I'm planning on getting winter tires as well. Have you considered getting 18" wheels dedicated for winter use?
there are a lot more tire choices in 18s than 19s.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
The best I've used in the wet is the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I had Pirelli Sottozero's as a winter tire (not just a wet tire) and found them great in the snow with my Audi TTS. I did buy Conti Extreme Contact DW's for the Boss but found them to be no where near the tire that the Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

TMO Supporting Vendors