The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Time

jas427 said:
Looks good sorry you had problems. I guess you know what issues I had spinning in turn 17 is not much fun, OH thanks for finding your way around me. I will leave more room next time. I know you must have a video of me sitting under the bridge. I sure would like a copy. And would love for you to post it on your youtube site.
Thanks Scott you inspire all of us BOSS owners to push the limits.

John Strauss

Thanks John. I just looked it up and will post it from when you passed me until later under the bridge. I was having major problems in that session as you will see. We pumped the clutch for over 10 minutes in the paddock after, the vid I already posted was during the next session. Those laps were the only ones I had without getting entirely locked out of gear the entire day.

It will take a while to upload so check back tomorrow.

jas427

BOSS LS #469

Thanks Scott
I knew you were off your game because you let me by. I had real tire problems and just couldn't get the Boss to speed in the corners. As you know. The next session you drove off and left me. I did manage to get some good rear skins for Sunday and the it was running back down in the low 30s. It would have been fun to run with you and maybe keep you in site. Thanks again for getting that video up.
John
Oh and tell Tony to take it easy his white Boss was passing everyone.

Scott,

Have you sheathed your clutch line in some kind of heat barrier to keep outside heat from the engine from contaminating the clutch fluid? I had a clutch that wasn't disengaging all the way after a few laps and I'm assuming I was boiling the fluid also. I wrapped my line with DEI heat sheath and hopefully that fixes it.

jas427 said:
Thanks again for getting that video up.
John
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ootww-55Eu4[/youtube]

Zquez said:
Scott,

Have you sheathed your clutch line in some kind of heat barrier to keep outside heat from the engine from contaminating the clutch fluid? I had a clutch that wasn't disengaging all the way after a few laps and I'm assuming I was boiling the fluid also. I wrapped my line with DEI heat sheath and hopefully that fixes it.

I did not think it was possible to boil the fluid in the clutch but have been told otherwise. From what I understand it would boil at the slave so I am not sure if wrapping the line would help but I will find out. In any case the throwout and spring broke free of the slave and that is what caused my issues. Good thing I quit on day one since I could have done more damage to the trans if I keep running it.

isrboss said:
I only attended Track Guys Sebring event on the 25th, met up with thebull and met a couple new friends. Had a great time BS'n with these guys between track time.

I found out real quick that you have got to remember to turn the traction control completely off. The long sweepers along with full throttle accel is damn near dangerous. I finally got my brain in check for sessions 3 & 4, and turned it off. I had a great time, plenty of fast Mustangs on hand, and on track.

In car video of the 2:37 lap on 285/35-19 RE11's. I feel I could have gone slightly faster, but next time.
http://youtu.be/A36M57v7rEU
Looking good. You need to find some black painter's tape.

Here's a video of about 25 Bosses on VIR. It was an awesome event!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_XEcQ0dES8[/youtube]

isrboss said:
I agree with most of what you're passing onto Tony (thebull), and I as well am no pro driver. However it was Tony's first time to Sebring and he was driving the safer line. He will be back and I'm sure he will adjust his line as he gains more seat time there.

That was the first point I made, a 2:35 time was very good. I was just passing on what has been taught to me and it has made me faster out there. As you said the race line is different and that is not my video, it is of Rich in his Boss 302S (with a tire going flat BTW). The race line while different from a "track day" line at Sebring is no where close to the difference running at Daytona. So even if there is a difference watching Rich's video can help anyone, IMHO.

As you pointed out there are many ways to run Sebring, more then any other track by the way I hear people talk about it.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Andy's car looks like it's back to 100%!

What kind of lap times were you guys turning? I had some good runs with Ron at Chuckwalla!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel