The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Time

drano38 said:
BIR day 2 - still some light rain on and off :mad:
Slowed us down on several opening sessions, but overall a good day.
A few team Mustang problems (blown tire, blown driveshaft boot, and I got by with a code into limp mode). BTW, when the middle driveshaft boot blows, and all that oil/grease hits the exhaust, it creates a LOT of white smoke--I saw it from 3/4 mile away.
Each of us got into an even chase with Porsche's--not the fastest laps, but sure is fun seeing how our cars differ in the turns and on the straights, but overall, being very close to equal.
I picked up a couple low 1:59s today. Would be great to break into 1:58 territory Sunday morning.
Did John blow another tire? Stay away from that goat piss! ;D

YellowBoss said:
Did Gary just post a track vid?

Where am I?

What is going on here?

Huh?

Did I sign on the wrong internet?

Maybe I will wake up soon.
LOL you guys finally shamed me into it. I'd much rather be out tearing up tires right now instead of being home posting videos with another blown clutch :p Here's the full version and all I have to show for what was to be another 3 day weekend ended way too early: https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=4251.msg87550#new

I will post later but I feel I have found the clutch/slave problems I was having after the trans swap. There is a spacer behind the slave on the MT82 and I swapped it to the Tremec which should not have one.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!

Circuit of the Americas with the BMWCCA. Towed 17 hours down there to instruct for the weekend. This is my first session out on track on Friday (instructors) intended for us to learn the track.... worked well until the 16 minute mark where one of the springs from the clutch disc decided to remove itself.

Note: Not a lot of markers or landmarks to use as reference points. Made it interesting to learn as well as to instruct on:

*Lots of places to turn in early when you should have stayed out and been later
*The 'S' section of the track really pulls you in... and kills you as they start to stagger the sections
*Fastest line through the 'S' section is to straddle the curbing... didn't do that due to the transmission scoop
*Top of the front straight is very hard to judge in the morning sessions (sun)... definitely don't want to go into it too hot (wall is pretty close to the top)
*Track is VERY smooth... Hoosiers still looked brand new after 16 minutes on track
*Anything that isn't track surface or curbing... you don't want to run over ($$$$)... especially the astro turf at track-out prior to the front straight)

Lots of attrition during this event in all of the groups (Instructor, HPDE and Race). It's a pretty unforgiving track... especially in June Texas heat!

**Trust me, it's pretty boring watching someone learn a track... someone might get some use out of this though**

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEMeGWRlWK4[/youtube]

drano38

Wayne

John, sorry to see another long tow for almost no track time.

BIR day 3 started out promising. Not a cloud in the sky, and about 50 deg.
On my 6th lap, I came out of turn 3 too hot, just barley dropped off the hard surface (which is sorta high due to recent resurfacing), car came back on and heading for the other side. I over-corrected steering, and spun a full 360, and then rolled 4 wheels off.
Finally, I'm a member of the spin club. ;D That ended the session for me.
Second session started late due to the PCA club race going long, then they checkered us early so the other group could go out, so barely a 12 minute session.
Overall a great weekend though. I shaved almost a full second off of last year's time and was hoping to break into 1:58 territory today.
The Koni struts/Steeda springs sure give confidence with less roll, but not sure they're really much faster.

Sonoma 8/4/13 with NorCal Shelby

FatBoss and me at Sonoma today. We ran into four other BMO members there. For those counting that was 5-2012's and 1-2013. Andy has some video of us chasing an M3 as we watched the driver nearly crash from one corner to the next. ::)

IMG_1277_zps744c5751.jpg

Turn 11

IMG_1314_zps62581926.jpg

Exiting the Carousel

IMG_1275_zps2182004c.jpg

I almost got a ride in this bad boy, Ferrari 458 Challenge car, but club rules state driver and passenger must wear fire suits in race cars. Guess what I'm buying this week. ;)

IMG_1301_zpsc628659e.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

fatboss = resurrected!

Cool shots, looking forward to seeing the vid. That Ferrari looks badddddddd.

I'm assuming you're enjoying the RXT?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

JScheier said:
Circuit of the Americas with the BMWCCA. Towed 17 hours down there to instruct for the weekend. This is my first session out on track on Friday (instructors) intended for us to learn the track.... worked well until the 16 minute mark where one of the springs from the clutch disc decided to remove itself.

Note: Not a lot of markers or landmarks to use as reference points. Made it interesting to learn as well as to instruct on:

*Lots of places to turn in early when you should have stayed out and been later
*The 'S' section of the track really pulls you in... and kills you as they start to stagger the sections
*Fastest line through the 'S' section is to straddle the curbing... didn't do that due to the transmission scoop
*Top of the front straight is very hard to judge in the morning sessions (sun)... definitely don't want to go into it too hot (wall is pretty close to the top)
*Track is VERY smooth... Hoosiers still looked brand new after 16 minutes on track
*Anything that isn't track surface or curbing... you don't want to run over ($$$$)... especially the astro turf at track-out prior to the front straight)

Lots of attrition during this event in all of the groups (Instructor, HPDE and Race). It's a pretty unforgiving track... especially in June Texas heat!

**Trust me, it's pretty boring watching someone learn a track... someone might get some use out of this though**

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEMeGWRlWK4[/yutube]

That sucks to tow that far and then pack it up due to part failure :( Anybody run over the tall curbing "baguettes" and had their wallet live to tell about it?

Tulsa, OK

Cool pics NFS! In for upcoming video...

JScheier- sorry hear about your clutch. Sucks to have happened when it did. COTA just looks awesome!

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!

ArizonaGT said:
Anybody run over the tall curbing "baguettes" and had their wallet live to tell about it?

Holy crap... I had never seen those things before. I saw one M3 take the one at turn one and then shoot off to the right as if fired out of a cannon. I stayed well clear of the... deadly!

It was a great day at the track. Rick and I only went Sunday thinking it might be a lighter traffic day and we were very right. I think passing the 68 Cal Special with the 347 was my favorite, if only because I didn't have to breath the oil smoke and at some point that engine will blow. I have chased him down at multiple events and he runs that thing like a rented mule. It's an impressive car and he drives it well. Loved seeing the Fairmont wagon rippin around the track. That was a "Fox" in sheep's clothing.

I saw my future car hauler. I'd pay big bucks to have something nice like this!

030_zpsdec6d58a.jpg

One of my favorite cars was this '70 302. Just sounded bad ass and as you can see it rippppped out there. I want to be in his run group sometime. Haha it just brings great joy to me to watch this six second crappy iTurd clip.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=XoJmNK2tLFw[/youtube]

I bought the 733 number set from Pete since I like it and it's my Nor Cal Shelby permanent number. I mean who else is going to want 733? If one of you bought car 733 at auction I have the owners kit for it BTW.

I've uploaded the video following Rick (or is he the Stig?) but the SOUND IS BAD. It's picking up a bad rattle from the pass right rear. Capt, didn't you have a rattle back there? Just turn the sound down and make vroom vroom noises until your significant other says something... ;D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TkH_9wW58_E[/youtube]

Sonoma is awesome, I like it better than LS. We're lucky that we have three great tracks in NorCal including Thunderhill. Around the 13 min mark is when we get behind the M3. In turn 7 he goes way off line and in turn 8 almost goes off the track. We finally get a point by in turn 11 but its late so I go off line giving him lots of room hoping he doesn't hit me!

I forgot to mention that the 1970 302 that Andy videoed was the best sounding car there.

what a great track. gotta be on your toes at all time...not much room for error. poor bastige in that M3 had absolutely no clue. scary, really...you'd think someone hauling ass around a track that dangerous would know where, at least, one apex was.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Some video of my last session at Watkins Glen this past Tuesday. Ran best laps of the weekend even though there was oil in the approach to turn 8 that kept everyone off line. Car ran really well and the Michelins felt great.
Watkins Glen is just an awesome track, I had my wife looking at the flyers in the real estate office for a summer home. June to September in Upstate NY, October to May in Charlotte NC sound like a good retirement plan!
Steve
[youtube]http://youtu.be/3fUIynzWuV8[/youtube]

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel