The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Re: Track Time

Nice meeting you there Steve - your car is fantastic too. I'm sure I'll see you out here again. Will watch the video when I am home later, YouTube is blocked at work...

Doing my first day at Limerock September 19th! pretty excited i am going with work and my boss is bringing his World Challenge civic. Im going for anything under a 1:10 and hes going for 59's lol. we'll see what happens, He will be instructing me for my sessions. I wish i had the cash to do pads and tires but, Fluid will be the only mod for me.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Bloodykisses said:
Doing my first day at Limerock September 19th! pretty excited i am going with work and my boss is bringing his World Challenge civic. Im going for anything under a 1:10 and hes going for 59's lol. we'll see what happens, He will be instructing me for my sessions. I wish i had the cash to do pads and tires but, Fluid will be the only mod for me.
1:10.00 at Lime Rock with a stock Boss is a good target. After a full day with DOT 4 you can go after 1:06.xx on the Pirelli's.
Have fun, it's a great track.
Steve

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT

Bloodykisses said:

Enjoy! Do you have the cooling ducts in? If not your stock pads might cook pretty quickly. Are you goin with SCDA? Any interest in going Oct 21at with SCDA? I am workin on getting a group of at least 5 to get a discounted rate... I have 2 confirmed so far and another 2 likely attendees.

Hope the 19th goes well, limerock is a fun track

Thanks guys! We are going with an SCDA Day on the 19th. I sadly dont have the brake ducts i wish i did. Only thing i have is Pilot super sports. Ive been playing a lot of Iracing and learning from the owner of my job and my manager who both have a lot of experience with running world challenge.

As far as the 21st goes, i cant commit to a day that far away but, i will 100% keep it in mind as my manager and boss may like to go. My boss gets in for free because he instructs and Ian (scda owner) takes care of him. Im excited to go but, i know its going to open a whole new universe of spending lol.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT

Yep I I is Ian as well. He has taken care of me before as well. As oct gets closer let me know as I have arranged a group rate that can get applied as people sign up.

Yes, tract time is a lot of money! But it's incredibly fun

Couple of vids at Homestead using the Grand Am course (NASCAR 3-4). Best time was 138.9 good 12 seconds off the 302R times :( and 142.5 MPH. There were a few other Bosses there but did not get time to talk with anyone.

Ended up with still more clutch problems which lead to breaking the third gear syncro. Had to wait for the RPM's to drop and jam it in 3rd, didn't care since I knew at that point the trans was coming out again and wanted to enjoy the GA course. I also think the throwout is broken again. Adding to the list of excuses the rear tires were very worn, three of the five depth holes were completely gone on each, never wore a Conti take-off that far down but they still stuck OK. You can see several times I had the fight it to keep straight.

Still it was fun getting on that banking again, have not done Homestead in over a year and a half. First time out is posted here https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=1442.0

The first vids is a full session, last one of the day, unedited with missed apexes and all. We only did two sessions in the banking, all morning was the infield course. The second vid is the first session in the banking and playing with a Ferrari. I pass him in the banking and then he passes me in the infield, then I pass him again in the banking. I thought it was cute :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPe88C9z_Rs[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ4GHLSwP7w[/youtube]

Some pics, there was a 13 Black Boss there also but did not find any photos of it.
HMS3_zpsea97fe2a.jpg
yellow1_zps74dca00f.png
yellow_zps27a026a7.png

Pretty Cool video YellowBoss. I'm a bit jealous that I am not really close to any awesome tracks like that one. I guess I'll settle for the enjoyment of watching these videos!

ArizonaGT said:
Scott you broke the syncro on the Magnum XL?

I think it's time for the McLeod TOB or Ram one.

Need to pull it out and see what is going on. Others have put this setup in without problems, I hope I can get it right soon. It was installed first with the MT-82 spacer plate behind the slave. I'm guessing now that even though I took the spacer out the fingers on the pressure plate may be damaged from before. I am going to try a Exedy single disc clutch, if that does not work I will have Racers Edge replace every thing so it is the same as the R, they use a different Bellhousing, Exedy single disc, shorter slave cylinder and spacer.

I don't post videos very often but here's one from Thunderhill on 9-6-13. Both of these videos are from the same session where I'm ahead and then following a Porsche Turbo tracked prepped with Hoosier R6 tires and a GT3. At the end of my video my car got hot so I backed off and then towards the end of that lap I ran out of gas. ???

[youtube]http://youtu.be/7wZC-C6KP2o[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1a7h8HU0Q4Q[/youtube]

roadhouse said:
Nice videos :D

Don't you hate running out of gas?! Frustrating and totally preventable...
LOL yea. I'm usually pretty good about that but with a M3 spewing it's guts all over the track and the two hour lunch for the charity auction the schedule was really off and I completely forgot to buy gas. On my first lap of that session the idiot light came on so I figured I'd run until it burped. I only missed one or two laps and the session was over.

Did you hear the NASCAR fire up at the beginning of the video? That was also a new Viper on the grid. I gave him a point by in an earlier session and that cars sounds fantastic at speed.

Here is a video of me from Watkins Glen Phoenix CMR event this week. Ran my fastest time ever. 2.17.5 on the stock Pirelli P-Zero street tires. Track started out a little damp, but then dried out quick. A total of 9 Boss 302's there, including one 302S.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/sk-zfEhtzC8[/youtube]

Tulsa, OK

NFSBOSS said:
LOL yea. I'm usually pretty good about that but with a M3 spewing it's guts all over the track and the two hour lunch for the charity auction the schedule was really off and I completely forgot to buy gas. On my first lap of that session the idiot light came on so I figured I'd run until it burped. I only missed one or two laps and the session was over.

Did you hear the NASCAR fire up at the beginning of the video? That was also a new Viper on the grid. I gave him a point by in an earlier session and that cars sounds fantastic at speed.

Ha, it's easy to forget. I try not to go out on track without at least a half tank, but I've still forgotten a few time.

I did hear that ;D And the new Viper looked AWESOME!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

Finally got back to Laguna Seca this weekend:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/RkwX3JSKlY0[/youtube]

Different, slower lap before the fender camera ran out of juice:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/WvytduMjCbg[/youtube]

Also got to meet another BMO member...SBY LS330!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel