The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I've got an external mic sitting right here. I need to get it setup before my next track day.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Attended a Track Daze open session at VIR on the 20th and 21st; my first event this year. I ran my fastest time to date, 2:12.5 and also had a pucker factor moment at turn 10.

I brought the car home in one piece and learned a few things over the 2 days. All in all, a successful event.
sideways in the grass at 95 mph? Could have been much worse.
Looks like a fun track....at least the asphalt part does.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Interesting video , but wow , can't imagine who insured the event as it would not pass a SCCA Safety Steward test by a long shot. Way too close to obstacles and I would agree the cement walls are freaky - freakingly close to the course.

Me and @moto at Thunderhill yesterday. This was our last session and both of our SC2 tires were done. Immediately after the transition you can see someone going off track and a small cloud of dust. I won't mention who but let's just say no Red GT350R's were damaged in this video. Ron had mentioned to me that he was a bit low on gas before we went out. I missed his off and thought he was either low on gas or something was wrong with his car.

This was my first time out with my new external microphone setup and the sound is much better.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
man that thing really cackles doesn't it?

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
Video from day 1 of 2 day event at NCM Motorsports Park last week. Day 2 was able to set my best time there to date. Need to set the spot metering setting on GoPro so you can see track clearly

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Had a fun session with another instructor in his GTR on R7's at Limerock. Finally loaded the video. We get split up early in traffic, but I catch back up and hang with him a little later in the video. It was interesting to see the areas where I was quicker, namely the fast turns where my aero made a significant difference. Then he pulled away like I was standing still on the straights... result of 570 hp and a couple fun inducing snails under his hood ;)

Me and @moto at Thunderhill yesterday. This was our last session and both of our SC2 tires were done. Immediately after the transition you can see someone going off track and a small cloud of dust. I won't mention who but let's just say no Red GT350R's were damaged in this video. Ron had mentioned to me that he was a bit low on gas before we went out. I missed his off and thought he was either low on gas or something was wrong with his car.

This was my first time out with my new external microphone setup and the sound is much better.

Looking and sounding good -- beautiful day! Where did you place the mic?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I stumbled upon this in my Youtube subscriptions--Jade Buford driving a GT350 @ Barber. Not sure if the owner (passenger) is a member here or not. Mid 1:38s!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Tape or no tape with your mike setup, that is the sweetest sound to listen to over and over. Thunderhill needs to be renamed Voodoo Hill, as I love to just listen to you go through the gears and do your little Voodoo heel and toe spell ,that you do so well !

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
A couple laps from Brainerd International Raceway.
Next time I'll turn on GoPros spot meter for better quality video and use an external Mic at the back of the car.
What a great track! Sure wish we had more like that here on this side of the planet.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I love the long flowing corners and room to stretch your legs.
Some of the tracks we have out here remind me of this....

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel