The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Time

Video from Thunderhill on 9/17/16. That's a white GT3 RS and dark blue GT3 in front of me. Got by the GT3 a couple of times in earlier sessions but couldn't get by him in this session.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska

Drove the original course over 15 years ago , and it was a riot then. The increased length makes the track unreal ( besides being the longest one in the US) and sure enjoyed watching you rip around the new configuration ( though there are many variations). Nice heel and toe shifts and the engine noise was a melody to my soul -- I am going to be a mess while waiting for mine to get here!

Bill Pemberton said:
Drove the original course over 15 years ago , but it was a riot then. The increased length makes the track unreal ( besides being the longest on in the US) and sure enjoyed watching you rip around the new configuration ( though there are many variations). Nice heel and toe shifts and the engine noise was a melody to my soul -- I am going to be a mess waiting for mine to get here!
Thanks Bill. Thunderhill is an awesome track that is even more awesome now. I have the resonator delete for the engine noise and my little friend makes those shifts perfect every time. ;)

http://www.auto-blip.com/

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee

Just got back from the Ford Performance Racing School.....all I can say is ....HELL YEAH!!

Working on getting the Boss 302FRS laps uploaded, but here was my laps in the open session on day 1 in the 2015(excuse my language at the end :) )

You will see this video is only 14 minutes of the session. So they let me and one other guy out on track because of the pace we had been running in our group. So I went out first and was screwing with the gopro and as usual the sequence of button pushes gave me the feeling it wasn't recording, so I ran several laps and ended up catching the pack, so pulled into the pits and yep...gopro was not recording. I was not going to have a repeat of the no video BS from the Octane Academy. So this is me going back on track after that.

The session before this one, Mr
Brian Smith, was my right seat....that was again an honor and privilege. Not going to lie though I was nervous though when he rode along I was blowing lines, over driving(or maybe it was under driving), missing apexs, I think the only things I did right were not crash the car and I did not stall it leaving the garages. I am guessing he will be shooting that contract over for a full time race seat soon......NOT lol

https://youtu.be/bL6RW0eZVsQ

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Steve - just watched your video side by side with my best VIR Full lap. Very similar, but you gain probably 200' on me on each significant straight! I clearly need more power... wish your 2.08 video worked, I'd love to see where you gained some time.

Hope the car gets fixed back up soon. I'm going to do some FPI inspections on my main suspension components before heading out this year. I'm learning from your lessons, so thanks for posting the details on what happened, it's a great reminder of how much stress we put on these cars when using slicks and aero and such.

Attended a Track Daze open session at VIR on the 20th and 21st; my first event this year. I ran my fastest time to date, 2:12.5 and also had a pucker factor moment at turn 10.

I brought the car home in one piece and learned a few things over the 2 days. All in all, a successful event.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sold my SBY Laguna Seca last year and it was good to see a yellow Boss on the track. Ran there years back and it is a great track. The Boss sounds damn healthy , so what else have you done to your baby?

PS - thanks for the video , always love to see folks rocking at VIR, especially since my GT 350 is in the build stage and I am having severe cold turkey waiting for it,ha!

Sold my SBY Laguna Seca last year and it was good to see a yellow Boss on the track. Ran there years back and it is a great track. The Boss sounds damn healthy , so what else have you done to your baby?

PS - thanks for the video , always love to see folks rocking at VIR, especially since my GT 350 is in the build stage and I am having severe cold turkey waiting for it,ha!

What have I done? Typical intake (CJ intake, Twin 65 TB, and Ford CAI) and exhaust (Kooks LTH's and cat less H pipe) mods along with an AED tune. Really enjoy the way it sounds and pulls!! Biggest suspension mod is the Cortex JRI coil-overs along with a Strano adjustable front ASB and a 20 mm rear ASB. The coil-overs were by far the biggest improvement in the handling department. Running 305/35/18 NT 01's at all 4 corners on Forgestar CF5 18X11 wheels. The car is far more capable than the nut behind the wheel; but I'm getting there.

Your GT 350 will be well worth the wait. Good luck and have fun with it!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I know the wait will be worth it but I have passed the gestation period for a newborn child , so I am going into late labor ,ha.

Your car sounds super tough, nice job on the mods!

@Cruiserfx if you haven't installed a watts link add it to your list.

That turn 10 looks like a common off point.

The watts link is on my list, and yes, it's a common off point. Not sure if the watts link would have prevented my off though. I had consciously decided to ease off the pace and when I did so I believe I also reduced my concentration level. Turn in was fine but I failed to look down the track and thus I pinched the corner somewhat and was coasting, no maintenance throttle, therefore the rear was light and over rotated. Not sure a watts link could have made up for that rookie mistake. Lesson learned, on the cheap. We learn more from our mistakes, at least we should, than by doing things correctly.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Rick, you need to start running an external mic for your videos. We want to hear that exhaust note and maybe a second camera inside so we can see your skills behind the wheel :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel