The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Re: Track Time

ArizonaBOSS said:
Glad to hear it, buddy! No issues with the break-in?

No issues at all, motor felt solid. I did my best to baby it, quit the first day sessions after 15 minutes. But today I kept it out for the full 20 and everything looked really good.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas

It was good to see the other Boss owners there and to spank the Z28 that showed up :) I'll post a video of that later. I did have something strange happen to me that has never happened before. My advance track turned itself back on two sessions in a row. I always turn everything off by depressing the brake and pushing the button for 7 seconds. This is a very rough track with lots of bumps and a very uneven surface. Is there something that would make it come back on? I wasn't the only Boss this happened to in the same session so it's not just my car.

Looking forward to your Z/28 video. 8)

I've had that happen once and it never happened again. Other BMO members have had it happened and I'm not sure if a reason was ever found for why this happens.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas

A friend of mine has a theory that it's part of the programming. If certain parameters are met and the car thinks you are going to crash it will automatically come back on.

P.S. Uploading the video now to youtube. Funny thing, I get him on camera almost spinning just like in your video. High speed right hander this time and the back end comes out on him :)

Flyboygsxr said:
A friend of mine has a theory that it's part of the programming. If certain parameters are met and the car thinks you are going to crash it will automatically come back on.

It is part of the programming and cannot legally turn all the way off. My experience(with street tires) is it will turn all the way back on when it detects the tires getting too far out of sync as you mentioned/experienced. In sport mode it tended to do it less. With slicks I haven't had it do it yet.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Flyboygsxr said:

P.S. Uploading the video now to youtube. Funny thing, I get him on camera almost spinning just like in your video. High speed right hander this time and the back end comes out on him :)

If it's through the carousel before the "3-2-1" uphill, the surface is quite bumpy through there and it would be very easy to lose it. The track surface at INDE has really degraded the past few years due to monsoons/settling. They have repaired a number of spots but it is still quite bumpy for such a new track.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

ArizonaBOSS said:
If it's through the carousel before the "3-2-1" uphill, the surface is quite bumpy through there and it would be very easy to lose it. The track surface at INDE has really degraded the past few years due to monsoons/settling. They have repaired a number of spots but it is still quite bumpy for such a new track.

Amen, my kidneys hurt today!

I too have video of that Z28 having handling issues and then putting him in the rear view, will post later today.

Nice driving and congratulations not getting caught up into the Z slides at 3:22, 4:02 and 4:14. ::) I wonder if he was running the Trefeo R tires or put something cheaper on the car? It makes you wonder if those cars are not as balanced as reported or if the big front tires get rid of understeer at the expense of oversteer. Adam you're next! BTW there's a local Z/28 owner that was there the day I caught the guy spinning off track and I've seen him a few times. Every time I catch him he pulls off the track so I've never officially passed him. ;)

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

Thanks Rick, I will be curious to see if he was spinning out in Adam's video as well. I wanted to talk to him afterwards and ask him about the car, tires etc, but couldn't find him in the paddock

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas

I just uploaded my video with the Z on youtube also. Unfortunately my external mic positioning wasn't so good this session so the sound quality is garbage. I ran out of tire that day so I had to throw on some 3 year old Conti's in the back and the car was insanely loose but lots of fun. To add to that Advance Trac came back on half way through the session on it's own but I still caught and passed the Z without any issues. He was all over the track and yes, he was on the Trofeo R's. I saw him sitting in his car near the paddock but I never saw him get out so I didn't get a chance to chat with him either. He was fast for the first 5-10 minutes of the session, but I think he was over driving the tires and they must have gotten greasy. He was all over the place both sessions I got around him. At one point I thought he was going to crash but the cars stability control must have saved him. Anyway, I'll post up my video now. Again, sorry about the sound quality.

Adam

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

My first track weekend at Road America was amazing.

Personal best of 2:44.68 on NT01s and stock suspension.

As Steve mentioned, lots of braking. Went through front and rear pads in two days. Will do it again in a heart beat!!!

I was at Summit Point's Shenandoah circuit this past weekend.
Had alot of fun, and got to meet another boss owner there.

The track is a tire killer!
I was being optimistic and thinking my NT01's could last me two seasons, but it's looking more like a single season for my first set!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOyFDYHdIE8

My first outing with my 2016 GT350. This was a semi-private track day and there were only a total of 30 drivers for two run groups. Video was from later in the day so drivers were already leaving. I couldn't quite hang with the highly modified F430 Challenge car. ::) I'll try and get the other video up tomorrow evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwkcTJCsI-4

This is my first time at Pitt Race. Ran the full 2.7 mile, 19 turn course. It was a fun track. A little rough in spots, just avoid them. Supposedly the entire track is getting repaved this fall. Had some fun running with a 458 Challenge car and some sort of P-car, maybe a cup car? Sorry for the shaky video. For some reason the go-pro shakes, never use too and it is mounted in the same location as always.

https://youtu.be/rKcQGftm22o

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york

VoodooBOSS said:
My first outing with my 2016 GT350. This was a semi-private track day and there were only a total of 30 drivers for two run groups. Video was from later in the day so drivers were already leaving. I couldn't quite hang with the highly modified F430 Challenge car. ::) I'll try and get the other video up tomorrow evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwkcTJCsI-4
Smooth and fast driving Rick.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york

06mach1 said:
This is my first time at Pitt Race. Ran the full 2.7 mile, 19 turn course. It was a fun track. A little rough in spots, just avoid them. Supposedly the entire track is getting repaved this fall. Had some fun running with a 458 Challenge car and some sort of P-car, maybe a cup car? Sorry for the shaky video. For some reason the go-pro shakes, never use too and it is mounted in the same location as always.

https://youtu.be/rKcQGftm22o
It's shaking Mike,cause your goin too fast!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel