The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Re: Track Time

One thing about OBDII data is if you are running non stock tire sizes the speed will read off, high if tires are shorter than stock, low if they're taller. I check box GPS speed when using Harry's with the GoPoint GPS receiver it's very accurate, matches the traqmate GPS speed right on.
Steve

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

ArizonaBOSS said:
Nice! Looks like you are getting faster!!

Thanks yeah had a great weekend other than that love tap from the white Porsche I escaped what ended up being lots of carnage in DE4. Out of 8 sessions 3 of them ended with cars being towed and the track turned into a parking lot! An M3 went into the wall just before the start finish, a fox body and another BMW crashed just off the back straight, and a Miata took out a Nissan in that blind double apex turn. Fun stuff!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Tucson302 said:
Thanks yeah had a great weekend other than that love tap from the white Porsche I escaped what ended up being lots of carnage in DE4. Out of 8 sessions 3 of them ended with cars being towed and the track turned into a parking lot! An M3 went into the wall just before the start finish, a fox body and another BMW crashed just off the back straight, and a Miata took out a Nissan in that blind double apex turn. Fun stuff!

But NASA is the safer group, lol! :) You and the car OK?

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

ArizonaBOSS said:
But NASA is the safer group, lol! :) You and the car OK?

Yeah those tech guys might get the cars right but not the drivers! Oh yeah just a little scratch, it really was just slight tap. The other dudes need new cars!

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT

NASA has been my least favorite group to run with... glad you and the car are OK. Nice driving as well.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

DMichaels said:
NASA has been my least favorite group to run with... glad you and the car are OK. Nice driving as well.

Yeah Drew know's I really don't like the NASAAZ guys because they always tell me I can't use my 5 point harness because the fifth point comes from between the seats versus from up under like a race seat. Yet both NASA SOCAL and NASA NORCAL said it's ok. But I solved that issue and bought proper race seats and new 6 point belts so I am selling the Recaro's!

Thanks for the driving complement, I look back at my times at that track a year ago and I was 10-15 seconds slower. Seat time is key!

Derek

That's member YoPauly in the white Boss and my friend Bret in the Z06. Not sure what the knucklehead in the M3 was doing going into turn 2 but I almost hit him. I thought for sure I was going into the wall exiting the carousel. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3T93KqlM-6w

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

NFSBOSS said:
That's member YoPauly in the white Boss and my friend Bret in the Z06. Not sure what the knucklehead in the M3 was doing going into turn 2 but I almost hit him. I thought for sure I was going into the wall exiting the carousel. :p

Interesting, maybe it's just the angle of the splittercam but you seemed in good shape to me just before your spin. I usually end up facing the wrong way when I spin out so yours wasn't too bad.

Tulsa, OK

Here is some footage from my last track day from a buddy of mine. He makes his way through traffic and finds me around the 2:00 mark. He follows me for a few laps then I follow him. Right after the 9:00 minute mark, he gets loose in a corner and spins. I was right on him and had to go off to miss his car. You can see me in the grass when he gets on track. Good stuff.

http://youtu.be/IsuNxzTItVc

ArizonaBOSS said:
NFSBOSS that is one of my most feared corners at Sonoma for that reason. Glad you got out of that without a scratch.

That one can be tricky! I watched on a guy's iPhone his in car footage of launching his KR like a helicopter off that wall and into the ditch.

Nice save Rick!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Fat Boss said:
That one can be tricky! I watched on a guy's iPhone his in car footage of launching his KR like a helicopter off that wall and into the ditch.

Holy crap. I do remember one of the Bentleys in PWC going off there and getting stuck on the hill this year.
Also note all the tire marks on the walls right where Rick's car comes to a stop. Yikes.

NFSBOSS said:
Me too!

Drew, funny thing is I'm always worried about dropping a tire off as you track out from there. Never gave much thought to spinning on the exit. The wall looked a lot closer in real time. :p You can hear I'm rolling into WOT and then I spin.

At least you lived to track another day :)

NFSBOSS said:
I thought for sure I was going into the wall exiting the carousel. :p

Very similar situation for me last month at Road Atlanta. Glad you escaped the wall, I wasn't so lucky.

TMO Supporting Vendors