The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Re: Track Time

PeteInCT said:
What do your rotors look like ?

Typical surface cracking on the fronts, otherwise shiny. Rears are a bit less shiny, but no indications of uneven pad wear. No surface cracking on the rears.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

j3st3r said:
Got to meet a couple BMO members today at NCM, looking forward to meeting a few more at VIR!

Great to meet j3st3r for the first time and Swiss Boss again at NCM.

It's a very technical 3.15 mile track track, with 24 turns and lots of late Apexes. It's the first time I've had to use 2nd gear on the track. Not much run-off and it's going to take more than 3 days to learn the ideal line. Couple of fast sweepers with little margin for error.

Look forward to going back.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Aw yiss...

Rick I gotta watch your 12C video later, traveling and the internet connections here make the video look like it was shot with a potato; can't really load the higher bitrates.

Here are three videos from last week at Sonoma Raceway during the last session.

The first one is with a McLaren 12C and we had a blast chasing each other all 5 sessions. There was another 12C in our group but he was a lot slower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YX4p4ejJX_k

The second one shows a McLaren 650S Spider. This was a customer taking a test drive so he wasn't going very fast but it sounds cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=692TY5UsYLg

The third one is me chasing a BMW 1M. He was using ALL the track up to the time he almost did a Z/28 on me. ;) Look how close he gets to the wall exiting turn 11. :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=fideDwf65ag

Tulsa, OK

That 1M was gettin it! He didn't leave much room for error with that wall. I heard he was thinking about putting a nice white stripe down the driver side anyway :)

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

Nice videos and your right he was all over the track. I enjoyed watching your line compared to his. Thanks for posting.
Dave

Edit: line, darn spell check!

302 Hi Pro said:
Nice videos and your right he was all over the track. I enjoyed watching your life e compared to his. Thanks for posting.
Dave
Thanks. My lines are very conservative as there are lots of walls and tires to hit on this track if you go off.

roadhouse said:
That 1M was gettin it! He didn't leave much room for error with that wall. I heard he was thinking about putting a nice white stripe down the driver side anyway :)
Yea that guy had to be within 6" of hitting the wall. He was pretty close on the first lap but got a lot closer on the second.

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee

Black Boss said:
Here's some video of the New NCM track in nearly dry conditions:

[youtube]UGLvsGmWj28[/youtube]

It did dry out fully later, but Harry's crashed!

Very nice! What mount do you use for your phone with Harry;s Laptimer? What OBDII Dongle?

TMO Supporting Vendors