The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
Re: Track Time

cloud9 said:
Yes they did. Fortunately I saw it developing so was ready to get out of the throttle if he decided to come right back on track. I might have been able to slip by but didn't want to chance it for both our sakes.

Funny thing is the day before the Chicane car spun 180 degrees in the front straight coming out of 13 as I was entering the corner. Fortunately I had eyes up and was looking toward corner exit so saw it happening. I knew I could slide to the inside and miss him so stayed in the throttle. He didn't realize I saw him so threw it into reverse and nailed it to get off track! Later on I was talking to the guys in timing and scoring and they were laughing about how that was the best maneuver of the weekend! :D

Untitled.jpg

Had a similar situation with Josh (used to have the orange boss, has a grey GT now) at Hallett this weekend :) We were doing some lead/follow and the rear got loose on his car coming out of a corner. I was following very close and my nose was pointed straight at his passenger door as he started to spin. I had to shoot off track to miss him but it was close. Luckily we avoided contact. Pic of his GT below. Had a lot of fun running with him!

20140927_084117_zpsbrujayp5.jpg

Not in the Boss but my last track event I did a 1:31.14, not sure how great of a lap that is with street tires.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT

Nice driving Steve! Was that on the 305's? You just gave me my LRP target for Wednesday :)

Yes, the new 'Vette's are incredible. I watched a video the other day of a guy at Watkins who had never been before. Lap times were not bad, but OMG that thing gained speed quickly on the straights!!!!

The Z51 C7 Stingray is a very competent car right off the showroom floor. Cloud9, Moto and I drove them at the Ron Fellows driving school @ Spring Mountain we attended earlier this year. The car didn't feel much faster than my car with race pads, sticky tires and some minor suspension mods although it certainly was in a straight line. The Stingray was completely stock and for me the big difference was it was much easier to drive up to and at the limits. The suspension in track mode was very buttoned down and the stock design specific Michelin PSS tires were pretty sticky. Chevy did a great job with the car and should be commended for it. And a side note to our class was they had us drive with the windows up and the AC on! :p

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Grant 302 said:
Starting with Laguna Seca, right? ;) 8)

Maybe there needs to be a BMO West Challenge Series...LS, AAA, Sonoma, Thunder Hill, Chuckwalla, MMP,...

I'm in. A few of my racer buddies and I should be doing more Cali trips next year and skipping some "local" events to make time and budget.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

steveespo said:
Oh and the championship round could be at MPH in September. I'll have to work on recruiting some east coast ringers to compete with John, Gary and Kyle though.
This could be fun..........................

...And what if the National BMO Championship would be Laguna Seca, VIR, and MPH?

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT

Couple 1.04 laps at LRP from last week with SCDA. I was on my street tires again (11th track day on them, and they are not particularly pleased). Great weather and the instructor run group did not have many cars in it, so I got a lot of mostly open track time.

Any thoughts on why the brakes are screeching? I got a bit of fade, but not as bad as I've had at other tracks this season.

http://youtu.be/7GnML_33Khk

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

DMichaels said:
Couple 1.04 laps at LRP from last week with SCDA. I was on my street tires again (11th track day on them, and they are not particularly pleased). Great weather and the instructor run group did not have many cars in it, so I got a lot of mostly open track time.

Any thoughts on why the brakes are screeching? I got a bit of fade, but not as bad as I've had at other tracks this season.

http://youtu.be/7GnML_33Khk

What do your rotors look like ?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel