The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice driving, those darn Porsche’s are always getting in the way. ;)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Going to the Front
A documentary about a man that missed his qualifying race, and a transmission with one life to live.
Can he overcome his competitors, 90* ambient temperatures, and giant dust clouds to take the win in-class?
Find out all this and more in the exciting real-life story of Going to the Front!
Rated “R” for racing content and really-loud exhaust. (Netflix 4.5 stars)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Even though this is a race back in 2015.........it was a great run and fun to watch. I am going to go take a shower now and get out of my racing suit, pretty worn out from the hot temps and watching that oil temp gauge hovering around 260 degrees.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well , dang , I thought something popped up that said 2015 ......so I was excited we would get races from 2016 and 2017 too. Guess I will just have to watch it again , and put on my bifocals!?

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Very entertaining, you guys were going at it out there hammer and tong! The dust clouds on that track when someone goes off are just incredible, total blind spot, reminds me of ice racing on a real cold day.

What were the two cars you were chasing? The one in front of you looked like some kind of tube frame something or other? You had him in the twisties but he obviously had the straight line advantage. Great stuff!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Super impressive and you definitely have turns 12 and 1 down , which seem to be many folks Achilles's heel?! I love Road Atlanta and Turn 12 is a riot , but the rhythm through 1,2 and 3 is my strength and the area I enjoy the most. Terrific watching you pass a multitude of cars that folks would agree should probably not be done by a Boss - but we all know the potential of this machine and the GT350s is woefully underrated. This has long been one of my favorite tracks , so thanks for the morning wake up video and you have done us proud!!!! You were definitely like a Swiss Watch out there , precise and clicking off killer times!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Very entertaining, you guys were going at it out there hammer and tong! The dust clouds on that track when someone goes off are just incredible, total blind spot, reminds me of ice racing on a real cold day.

What were the two cars you were chasing? The one in front of you looked like some kind of tube frame something or other? You had him in the twisties but he obviously had the straight line advantage. Great stuff!

That was a tube frame ASA-style Stock Car built for road racing. The other car was a Maserati Coupe GT4.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well, you should be proud of your fellow S197 driver, as the Swiss Fist, just pounded the competition and even with his mods he likely does not have 526 at the flywheel?! Now since I have a Voodoo Stang ( 526 hp ), I guess I will need to pass even more Porsches and Vettes , but did that when I had a twin ( Comp. Orange Boss 302 ) to the Matterhorn Mustang Maven's beast, so hopefully it will be easier ?!

Last edited:
Do I hear a supercharger?

Nah, just transmission whine or diff. I got solid bushing everywhere

I never had the car dynoed, but looking around for the same mods I should be around 470whp.
The GTR that I was chasing at the end is around 650awhp.

That was my first time at the track, there is a lot of time left to improve. I'm braking to early in turn 1 and I need to keep my foot down while going trough the kink on the back straight but the bump on the track makes it very uneasy

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel