The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Geeeeezz , MadHat is correctomundo, as I never thought Chuck and Wally was very quick till watching this run .....blistering fast means blistered tires , ha. Make sure you post a run when you have new black donuts on the Stang around this track?!

Set 0f 305 Used Pirelli World Challenge slicks and I agree -- 4 seconds faster!

Last edited:
Geeeeezz , MadHat is correctomundo, as I never thought Chuck and Wally was very quick till watching this run .....blistering fast means blistered tires , ha. Make sure you post a run when you have new black donuts on the Stang around this track?!

Set 0f 305 Used Pirelli World Challenge slicks and I agree -- 4 seconds faster!

Yeah, but I have never blistered tires, so never again will i use old tires. Used tires are fine, old tires could have ended badly when i had one blow. Best time I could muster was 2:00:946. Plan to get out there again soon. Love that place.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well, Antman you had those other cars saying Uncle, since you were still running good lines and hustling the Boss through the twisties right on the edge. Fun to watch ...........

Thanks for the vicarious thrills.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Marvelous .....excuse me Mr. Corvette you are only faster than me in a straight line , but you consistently miss your apexes and your brake points so thank you for finally allowing your egodrive to let me pass!!??

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Heh, since he is a Blockhead good that you had compassion for his DNA, ha, ha. Agree a 145 mph pass likely conveyed a wonderful wimp factor to him right when he deserved it most.

radiantm3

My first domestic, first Ford.
New here and just picked up my 2017 GT350 last November. I use to track and E92 M3 then switched to an S2000 as a more dedicated track car. Owned a Cayman GT4 for 6 months as well which got a couple track days, but had to sell it for various reasons. The GT350 replaced the GT4 and it's been great fun.

Still driving the GT350 completely stock and it understeers like crazy on track (compared to my S2000), but I'm collecting various suspension bits (from reading around here) to install before I get a proper track alignment setup. But that hasn't stopped me from enjoying the car on and off the track. Anyways, thought I'd introduce myself and share a couple track videos.

Playing around in the rain (completely stock):

Second time with this car on track (completely stock):

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Get some M&M Camber plates and that will help immensely -- get as much negative camber in front as possible with a track alignment. You will be amazed at the change in attitude on the track.

PS - magic term is " Track Alignment," so make sure the shop you take it to understands things like " corner weighting" , etc. In fact , simply ask if they do track orientated alignments for any of their customers. We often had to redo alignments others did for a bargain price --- yes, it will be a bit more costly , but done right your times will improve as well as your balance.

Last edited:
CC plates and track alignment will certainly help. I ran the stock suspension and squared up the tires with Apex 19x11 wheels, 25mm spacers up front, 305/30/19 Michelin SC2 tire's and that eliminated the mild understeer I experienced.

radiantm3

My first domestic, first Ford.
CC plates and track alignment will certainly help. I ran the stock suspension and squared up the tires with Apex 19x11 wheels, 25mm spacers up front, 305/30/19 Michelin SC2 tire's and that eliminated the mild understeer I experienced.
I don’t want to change too many things at once, but I picked up the ford performance springs, gt350r rear sway and still need to order camber plates. Getting off of the PSS tires would be nice too at some point.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Radiant -- you have a PM.

GT350 is a 8250 rpm metronome!!!! ( and you thought a VTech S2000 was raucous, ha!?)

Forgot to ask , stripes or black roof on your GT 350? Mine is a solid white beastie, by the way.

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Just wanted to share my last event. Got third overall, in a entertaining but rather narrow track that I have only been too once before some 4 years ago. The sound quality sucks and the knocking sound is the dead poly bushing in the UCA.... it did not last more then 6 track days!! Time to go spherical on the last poly bushing I have.

looking at the video, I was a bit of a chicken shiznit, but i wanted to beat certain cars in my class and not damage the car at a track that's a little new to me..... (that's what I tell my self, but the tire wall is rather close as well)

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Just wanted to share my last event. Got third overall, in a entertaining but rather narrow track that I have only been too once before some 4 years ago. The sound quality sucks and the knocking sound is the dead poly bushing in the UCA.... it did not last more then 6 track days!! Time to go spherical on the last poly bushing I have.

looking at the video, I was a bit of a chicken shiznit, but i wanted to beat certain cars in my class and not damage the car at a track that's a little new to me..... (that's what I tell my self, but the tire wall is rather close as well)

Looking at the video.... really need to get a shift light!!! Now really glad that I bought new valve springs and timing chain kit, pump etc..... Over revving the poor beast.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel