The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[Best lap from Watkins Glen last week with Chin Track Days. Eliminated a big push with sway bar adjustment lots more in the car.[/QUOTE]

Hey Stevespo, it's Mike with the white/blue GT350. I met you at the Watkins Glen Chin event. It was great speaking with you and your buddy and thanks for the advice about this site and the tire recommendations.
Here's my best lap on used RE11's and first weekend at the amazing Watkins Glen.

My Boss 302, stock track key, BF Goodrich R1 Slicks stock suspension, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, SRF Fluid, Brake Cooling Ducts. Running at Area 27 Track in Oliver, BC. Plan for next year is AP Front Brakes and Probably PFC rear brake kit and probably a fresh set of slicks... Open to critics! Would love to hear feedback, always trying to get better. I was chasing a C6 Z06 vette running BFG Rival S Tires for a good portion. Not bad for a little boss 302 that weighs almost 500lbs more and has 45hp less :)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Would suggest you view the cost of just going with two piece rotors ( I like Girodisc as they are made in the US and are a bit less than Stoptech rotors) and a more aggressive pad front and rear. I was stopping with Porsches and others with just those changes and find many quick drivers have made just a few changes like this and are still hanging with folks who spent a bunch of bucks on a brake upgrade.

Wow, the setting for this track is stunning!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
[Best lap from Watkins Glen last week with Chin Track Days. Eliminated a big push with sway bar adjustment lots more in the car.

Hey Stevespo, it's Mike with the white/blue GT350. I met you at the Watkins Glen Chin event. It was great speaking with you and your buddy and thanks for the advice about this site and the tire recommendations.
Here's my best lap on used RE11's and first weekend at the amazing Watkins Glen.
[/QUOTE]
Welcome to TMO Mike. And good driving for your first time at Watkins Glen.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
My Boss 302, stock track key, BF Goodrich R1 Slicks stock suspension, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, SRF Fluid, Brake Cooling Ducts. Running at Area 27 Track in Oliver, BC. Plan for next year is AP Front Brakes and Probably PFC rear brake kit and probably a fresh set of slicks... Open to critics! Would love to hear feedback, always trying to get better. I was chasing a C6 Z06 vette running BFG Rival S Tires for a good portion. Not bad for a little boss 302 that weighs almost 500lbs more and has 45hp less :)

Nice track!!! Makes me want to go back to BC!!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Had a little incident on Saturday..... I was in second place (in my category) when I lost my power steering which lead to a minor off road trip.... But got on track again and then my rear tire went.... The spin was about a 1Km away from the finish line... At least my main rival also pitted early so still have the points lead.
:(

One wrecked Apex wheel and one dead conti slick was all the damage.....

It could have been worse. Glad you're still in the points lead.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks, the Cortex suspension made things look decent... No flat spots on the other three tires that I could feel, and looks like the Apex wheel is getting fixed ok, I bought a bunch more to always have spares. next year it will be rain or shine!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel