The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Time Videos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Day - yamm.....................that was some major hustling around Willow and a 1:28 is a salty , salty time!! You needed to sneeze once on the windshield to get into the 1:27s , but next time you are there please post 10-20 minutes of you stellar runs , not a measley 3 minutes, ha.

As a fellow GT 350 Owner , you done up proud Grant!!

oops. I guess I posted in the wrong section. Thanks for reposting our video here Grant.

Took a WAG on pressures, didn't have my seat adjusted right so I was falling out of the bolsters. Also bedding new pads so I was braking early just in case they faded. First time using my Simpson Hybrid-S harness which pushes you forward a bit, thus falling out of the bolsters. Adjusted the seat closer to wheel and tilted back further rearward. That worked but by then wind had tripled in speed, track got slower so I didn't improve despite having bedded brakes and being locked in seat better.

Guessing a low 1:26 if I had been a bit better prepared. William Chen mounted a set of 305/325 Eagle F1 3R (ZL1 1LE ) tires on his R and did a 1:27.5 same session. His car is bone stock but Vorshlag plates and -3.5° front camber. He also flailed a bit 1st session with 42psi and not being dialed in to the track/car combo. He drive much better 2nd session but again, the wind kicked up and stymied lower lap times. We guessed he had a high 1:25 in it had he been better prepared. Shockingly fast for a bone stock car.

You guys were flying!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Day - yamm.....................that was some major hustling around Willow and a 1:28 is a salty , salty time!! You needed to sneeze once on the windshield to get into the 1:27s , but next time you are there please post 10-20 minutes of you stellar runs , not a measley 3 minutes, ha.

As a fellow GT 350 Owner , you done up proud Grant!!
Well , 949 you done us proud and thanks for posting his video Grant ---- you are still fast too !!!!

Bill- Not that fast, though! Still no 350 for me yet either...

Thanks for reposting our video here Grant.

No, thank *you* for sharing it. More members would see it here, otherwise we're not so big on moving stuff around.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Nowhere near as good of a driver as most people here, but here goes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nothing to be ashamed of there, I don't know this track but from what I could see you're hitting your marks nicely, the same can't be said of the car ahead who seems to miss more apexes than he gets! Personally, I think hitting apexes is Job 1. I'm certainly no expert but that looked like a pretty good lap to me!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile

Had a great time in Dec at a Car & Coffee track day, until a bearing went... I thought it would be more relaxed so I went with Recaros and rear seats installed. Should have known better that it would get a little more competitive. Missed not having a race seat installed! The Camaro ZL1 has 530 whp and 335/30-18 R7's square. The Cayman is a GT4 Cup.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks! Yes, your right, its a Gt4 clubsport from the local Porsche Challenge series. It was my first track day since a crash so I am over a second behind my best time..... Was trying to be a little more cautious the usual! The Maclaren is the MP4-12C Sprint, its only 5 seconds faster LoL. The ZL1 is a long time track rival and friend.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs

Road Atlanta with Chin during Thanksgiving weekend. @85Gold @Gear Jammer

Had some fun with a GT350R around 12:00 mark and with my friend GTR around 20:00 mark

I don't have a lot of seat time personally, but I know skill when I see it! Awesome session and video. I think you probably hurt some feelings on that track that day...lol

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Mad Hatter ---- agree with VoodooBoss , your driving has improved a bunch and you have gone from damn good to stellar !! Undertired is a problem running just 295s ( may be worth trying the 305 Pilot Sport Cups if really warm this time of year in the Southern Hemisphere?!) , and keep posting the Chile track times , since for many of us this is a Chilly time of year , ha.

PS - but then the poor Camaro and Porsche must have been perplexed wondering how you stayed all over them with your tiny rubber Hoosier tubes, ha?!

Last edited:
275/35/18 R6's but they were 5 years old. Never doing that again. I was in a time pinch and could not find tires except for those. Even a set of Pirelli take offs would have been perfect and dropped probably 4 seconds on my lap times. These tires really had no grip.

IMG_0274.JPGIMG_0284.JPG

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel