The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Two New in Box 19x10 Gunmetal Forgestar F14s!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm selling two brand new Forgestar 19x10 rims. I made the mistake of buying these for my Boss 302 before I realized that they would not clear the Brembo Calipers. My mistake is your gain. These go for $406.00 per wheel on Americanmuscle.com. I'm willing to sell them for $600+shipping. I accept paypal and have a good reputation for selling car parts/cars on this website. Feel free to email me at ryan.s.pigg AT gmail.com with any questions or concerns. Take a look at this link for more information about the wheels themselves: http://www.americanmuscle.com/gunmetal-forgestarf14-19x10-0512.html

Here are the pictures:

1lo4k5Mh.jpg

81D2mNhh.jpg

54zsZeBh.jpg

These DO NOT clear the front calipers on the Boss 302 with this specific offset. I learned that the hard way and I'm currently using two 19x10 rims on the rear with large circular scratches on the inside of the rim. These will fit a stock Boss 302 and that's what I'm currently using! As far matte black, you can always powder coat them!

From your pictures, I think it shows the wheels to be +42 offset and deep concave which is what I believe everyone with a 19 x 10 rear wheel runs. Maybe grant302 can chime in and verify that is his offset as well. Could you measure the backspace on these wheels so we can verify that the offset is a +42? The backspace should be around 7-3/16" or a little less.

Here is the information from Americanmuscle.com

Manufacturer: Forgestar Wheels Style: F14
Size: 19x10 Finish: Gun Metal
Placement: Rear Only Centercap Size: na
Back Spacing: 7.1" (181mm) Offset: +42mm (1.7")
Bolt Pattern: 5x4.5" (5x114.3mm) Weight: 24.462 lbs
Material: Aluminum Lip Size : N/A
Best Tire : 275/40-19 Year/Model: 2005-2013 V6, GT, Bullitt & Shelby GT500

Can you verify that the backspace is what the spec has listed with a physical measurement? I have a set of 19 x 10 +42 front F14's on order and am curious to see if there is a possibility that a change to the wheel center has been made on newer F14's, versus a set made last year, that grant 302 and others have.

The wheels are in my storage unit. If I get time I'll try to make my way out there for the measurement. However, I really didn't want to drive all that ways until I sold them!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'm the 2nd owner of my rims, but they were originally from American Muscle too, and the same ET42...

I didn't load the car since the tire was touching, but there was a lot more space than either the stock brembo or base boss rims. Both of those spokes are nearly flush with the caliper! I should be test fitting my new SVEs in a week and I'll take some pics and measurements then.

It looks like his rims are concave, as should all 10" and wider F14's, so the spokes should not be completely flush. They should be a little closer at the bottom of the caliper, which is where I suspect the clearance issue was at. Bustang, I take it you bolted these on without a tire and spun the wheel which marked them up as well as your calipers? Was there only a slight contact that maybe a 2 or 3 mm spacer would easily solve? That would seem like a cheap simple fix instead of taking the loss on the wheels.

Yes, a 5-10mm spacer would have likely fixed the problem. However, Houston roads are littered with potholes and other hazards. I was willing to take the loss for the peace of mind. The car looks and feels great on the 18x9.

It would be interesting to find out if the 19 x 10 rims grant 302 has and test fit are not the deep concave style. That really could be the only difference here. Paul at Howey Industries said they would only gaurantee a fit with proper caliper clearance with a +40 offset. I'll probably run a small spacer then, which is not a big deal.

Grant 302

cp85gt said:
It would be interesting to find out if the 19 x 10 rims grant 302 has and test fit are not the deep concave style. That really could be the only difference here. Paul at Howey Industries said they would only gaurantee a fit with proper caliper clearance with a +40 offset. I'll probably run a small spacer then, which is not a big deal.

Pretty sure they're 'deep concave'. The 19x9 fronts look semi-concave. I hate to think that there could be that much variance in their tolerances. Maybe it's just the newer wheels? Machined a little differently now?

I guess the only thing it could be is that the wheel center/spokes are thicker or there is a little more "concavity". I can't believe that nearly 1/4" difference would be possible without a significant manufacturing change.

Grant 302

I have to retract what I said about the clearance. I bolted the 19x10s up again and checked all the clearances to the caliper, and they are nearly contacting on the inside edge of the caliper. So close that I don't think I could get a feeler gauge in there. The part I was looking at before has about 3/16 -1/4" at the outer edge of the caliper.

I apologize for any confusion I have caused. :-[

8443942306_dd5c809418.jpg

This mark *may* be from the last time I mounted them and spun the rim around:

8442851607_ac391502c5.jpg

yknot

Hobbies: Hot Rods & Shooting
First they don't fit the stock Boss. I suppose you bought them for your car and found this out the hard way. Yes, those large front calipers are hard to miss. Second, if you're going to invest in a replacement wheel for the Boss, why not look at one that at least looks different, or adequately different from the stock offerings? I too have been shopping for new /track like wheels, but I would like to find something that is pretty far from what is currently the norm, or factory offering. These wheels look way to much like the originals, and don't seem to make much sense. I'm looking for a wheel with a definitive lip, something that would really signal it's not stock, and look nice. All factory offerings, have a flat face or no lip design, that seems boring. The problem is finding this different wheel in the 19" diameter size and with a 9.0" and 9.5 or 10.00" width.

I received my Forgestar 19 x 10 F14's with a +42 front fitment this week. During the test fit I measured about .050" caliper clearance so there has been a small change in the wheel spokes to account for the clearance. For street pimping .050" clearance would be fine but for anything motorsport related probably not enough. I think that Brembo recommends at least 2mm clearance (.080") with 3mm being ideal (about 1/8"). I have some 16 ga. aluminum I'll use to make a set of spacers giving me about .115" of clearance. For anyone else going this route a +41 offset would give you around .090" clearance which I think would be enough. It would be interesting to find out if the GT500 15" brake package would fit without a spacer if the caliper is moved farther outboard.

TMO Supporting Vendors