Mad Hatter
Gotta go Faster
Its just that exploding motors are expensive!! As we both know!
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Intimately...Its just that exploding motors are expensive!! As we both know!

I tried everyone you guys have suggested and no one was interested. The ECU is different enough that they just say its not worth the hassles. A few have said they have tried previously and had issues. Others didn't like my combination of parts and would only do it if i used what they suggested.Ahh, ok I though it was the 2018+ with the higher compression. Which throttle body do you have?? I would try Shaun at AED with a long distance tune? Am pretty sure he would get you to 475rwhp.
You will have to log the car a couple of times on the road (or dyno if you like), but in some ways I like it better then a dyno tune.
The Gen 2 head springs are hard no go over 7500 rumors has it they are a hard no go over 7000 rpm.Just high enough to keep his car in the new power band that the intake camshaft lobe and intake manifold like.
8,000?
Ok. Sorry. I am learning more and more about the Gen 2 engine that I did not know. I certainly am not wanting GAR944 to bust his valve train. Lots of Gen 3 and Gen 4 Coyotes are running 8000 rpm.The Gen 2 head springs are hard no go over 7500 rumors has it they are a hard no go over 7000 rpm.


motoiq.comThe did rise it to 7500 RPM and I use mine there but still it's on a borrowed time that way increasing it further makes that borrowed time a lot less.Ok. Sorry. I am learning more and more about the Gen 2 engine that I did not know. I certainly am not wanting GAR944 to bust his valve train. Lots of Gen 3 and Gen 4 Coyotes are running 8000 rpm.
You are a PP3, though, right? Didn't Ford warranty a raised 7500 rpm redline on the Gen 2 with PP3? I'd think that Ford engineers and bean counters would have built a huge margin of safety into that decision. The PP3 did not change anything in the valve train.
My understanding is that they are the same as the boss 302 springs. Been running them 8200 - 8500 for 3 seasons with a freshen up between seasons.The Gen 2 head springs are hard no go over 7500 rumors has it they are a hard no go over 7000 rpm.





You probably already know this, but Steeda sells engine mounts for the S550 that lower the engine height. They used them on their own "Silver Bullet" naturally aspirated drag car with that intake manifold to get it to clear the hood.Over the weekend got to start modifying my bonnet vent. That manifold sits high.
It will be really interesting to see how this all goes once you get the final tweaks on the tuning. What an adventure!it really wakes up in the 7500 to 8500 range.
It is but not everywhere, just another headache to deal with and a revised fuel system needed for the volume required. We have good 98 RON which is your 93 everywhere. My local petrol station used to sell 101 race fuel as we had a dirt bike track nearby. Unfortunately no more.It will be really interesting to see how this all goes once you get the final tweaks on the tuning. What an adventure!
I asked earlier, but is E85 not a thing in Australia?
Actually ditched the brace for the camber plates but it was going to go for the manifold as well. It was really a case of what got installed first.You probably already know this, but Steeda sells engine mounts for the S550 that lower the engine height. They used them on their own "Silver Bullet" naturally aspirated drag car with that intake manifold to get it to clear the hood.
You probably had to ditch the strut brace to run that manifold, right?










In Australia? With all of those wide open spaces? I would have thought they would be at least 140km/hr, maybe more.Our speed limit is 100km/h and loss of licence is now 25km/h over that or above 130km/h as we do have some 110 zones
So bonnet is now secure and all parts attached. Weather finally decided to be warmish and no water. First drive after bringing it home in the wet. Short drive down to the servo "gas station" to fill it back up, apparently dyno time is thirsty work.
So full tank, warm fluids and back onto the freeway and a little pull to see what we have. Went to just over 7k and it needed to clear its throat a bit. I was probably a bit tentative. Quick u-turn to come back towards home to stay close and got to a just legal speed in 4th, 100kph or a measly 62mph.
Throttle reponse from idle had been lethargic, a quick blip back to 3rd from 4th and the extra revs definitely made it way more responsive. Mashed the throttle and hung on. It was definitely as described, from 6k its noticeable, it has a 2nd coming at 7k and absolutely rips through to 8500 with no sign of let up. Caught me by surprise the first time and hit the hard cut.
Just did a quick AI question. Glad i wasn't watching the speedo. At 8,500 RPM in 3rd gear, a 2017 manual S550 Mustang GT fitted with 305/30R19 tyres and a 3.55 differential ratio will reach a theoretical speed of 110.4 mph (177.8 km/h). Our speed limit is 100km/h and loss of licence is now 25km/h over that or above 130km/h as we do have some 110 zones. That is into the , we take your car and crush it zone.
Not that anyone would notice the effectively straight piped mustang at 8500 on a crisp clear night, sound doesn't travel far.
@Fabman , @Mad Hatter & @steveespo thank you for your input in this manifold combination. You guys are collectively dangerous. Track days are going to be a very new driving experience for me.
Now the mirrors are done, i was looking for something simple to tie it all in. Came across the GTD Spirit of America edition. Another quick AI and i think this could be simple but very nice. Just need to get the stripes the right proportion, AI went a touch fat in my opinion.
Open to other options if anyone has any ideas.
View attachment 112035View attachment 112036

Oh there is an avid car culture, there is also some of the harshest laws in the world probably.In Australia? With all of those wide open spaces? I would have thought they would be at least 140km/hr, maybe more.
I feel like Mad Max (1979) and The Road Warrior (1981, although you guys called it Mad Max 2) lied to me.
I always assumed there was an avid car culture there and that you would not have speed limits like Jimmy Carter era America.
PS - I like the graphics
Saw that one as well, curious how it would go with my black roof. Time for some more AI renders.