VIR Holiday Laps 11/30/18

Discussion in 'Track Days, Car Shows and Gatherings' started by Wotfun, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Wotfun

Wotfun TMO Advanced

Virginia International Raceway is hosting charity laps this Friday, 11/30/18. Cost is $25 / 15-20 minute session. Here’s a link, but pre-registration isn’t required:
    http://virnow.com/events/holiday-laps-2018/

Weather looks like it should be “ok”. 50% chance of rain with temps in the upper 50’s.

I’ve been to these events several times. Crowds vary significantly from one event to another. I’ve been to some where I waited over an hour between sessions and some where the wait was about 15-20 minutes.

Either way, it’s an opportunity to get out on a great track and to see a bunch of cool cars. I’m planning to be there with my ‘17 mustang gt - white with black wheels.

Anybody else going?

2. HR692

HR692 TMO Intermediate

Sounds like a great opportunity to donate, meet some people and drive the track. I wonder what course they will run?

3. Wotfun

Wotfun TMO Advanced

Every time I’ve been, they used the full course. A lot of people try take advantage of the front and back straights and don’t seem to know what to do with the turns :rolleyes:.

4. Wotfun

Wotfun TMO Advanced

They did run the full course and it wasn’t very crowded. I guess the weather kept people away. First session was rainy and upper 40’s so not much grip. My second session conditions were better. It was warmer and track was dry. But, I was behind a guy in an older Boxster that might not have been track safe. At one point, going down the front straightaway, his car coughed up so much smoke that I couldn’t see anything in front of me. Reminded me of spy movies where they used a smoke screen. Pretty scary. I talked to him after. He apologized but didn’t seem at all surprised by the smoke from his car.