The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Want to buy a Pre-Production (MP) Boss? (Hoard for sale)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I didn't post this in the classifieds since I'm not selling these.

It seems that ONE dealer in the US has bought up most of the available MP cars recently released by Ford. They have SIX for sale on eBay.

OC Welch Ford-Lincoln, located 30 minutes from Savannah, Ga (seller profile for when the links below expire)

1ZVBP8CU7C5199943 - Orange/Black - 26650 mi
1ZVBP8CU4C5199947 - Black LS 13800mi
1ZVBP8CU0C5199959 - Kona Blue/White - 2400 mi
1ZVBP8CU0C5199962 - Red/Black - 2100 mi
1ZVBP8CU1C5199968 - YELLOW BLAZE - 2500 mi
1ZVBP8CU2C5199980 - Black LS - 4900 mi

Happy hunting!!

Asking a lot for MP cars. The company where I work designs and manufactures medical instrumentation with MP and production numbers similar to the BOSS. Our MP get a lot of abuse for our Design verification testing. I'm sure Ford does the right thing and gets these MP right prior to sale, but asking price is a little steep. Would like to see actual transaction price for these when they go. Who knows, in 40 years they may be the most desirable of the breed.

Last week at Barrett-Jackson in Palm Beach, Ford had two MP/PP Boss 302's on display... one was a GHIG and the other was a Black LS. One of their marketing guys there said they routinely beat the crap ouf of them... Ford's engineers doing their R&D so to speak. ;)

Bossing302 said:
Last week at Barrett-Jackson in Palm Beach, Ford had two MP/PP Boss 302's on display... one was a GHIG and the other was a Black LS. One of their marketing guys there said they routinely beat the crap ouf of them... Ford's engineers doing their R&D so to speak. ;)
And that's exactly what I'd do if I was allowed to drive one. ;D

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Boss1601 said:
Asking a lot for MP cars. The company where I work designs and manufactures medical instrumentation with MP and production numbers similar to the BOSS. Our MP get a lot of abuse for our Design verification testing. I'm sure Ford does the right thing and gets these MP right prior to sale, but asking price is a little steep. Would like to see actual transaction price for these when they go. Who knows, in 40 years they may be the most desirable of the breed.

I'm sure that's what most who purchase them are banking on but if everyone who buys them puts them up on blocks, it won't matter.

PTRocks said:
I didn't post this in the classifieds since I'm not selling these.

It seems that ONE dealer in the US has bought up most of the available MP cars recently released by Ford. They have SIX for sale on eBay.

OC Welch Ford-Lincoln, located 30 minutes from Savannah, Ga (seller profile for when the links below expire)

1ZVBP8CU7C5199943 - Orange/Black - 26650 mi
1ZVBP8CU4C5199947 - Black LS 13800mi
1ZVBP8CU0C5199959 - Kona Blue/White - 2400 mi
1ZVBP8CU0C5199962 - Red/Black - 2100 mi
1ZVBP8CU1C5199968 - YELLOW BLAZE - 2500 mi
1ZVBP8CU2C5199980 - Black LS - 4900 mi

Happy hunting!!

When many of these Mass Production and Pilot Production cars arrived at O.C. Welch it was mid January and of course they bought these cars from Manheim Detroit Auto Auctions. Obviously Ford has to have each vehicle pass certain standards before being eligible for sale to the public. The car I bought has a sticker underneath the hood indicated the car cannot be sold for sale in California.

The first batch (8 or 9 cars) that he bought in early January included a very nice looking and low mileage 2013 MP Laguna Seca and was MP0002. Excellent shape with very low miles and looked to be in show room condition.

There is no question that many of these MP and PP cars have been driven hard but some of them had less than 75 miles on them and when I looked at them based on tire and brake wear it was obvious that the odd car was used for promotional use and were in great shape such as MP0002.

For any purchasers who own any of these MP or PP cars Ford will provide you with window stickers and build sheets for these cars which certainly provides a lot of great information that you otherwise may not have. In my case Ford provided me with 2 window stickers and that may be the case for other MP/PP cars. One window sticker was based on selling the car to Ford marketing and clearly states not for resale to the public and another window sticker based on resale to the public after standards were all passed. Some of these cars were built as early as October 2010.

Not sure how many of these cars had the TracKey activated but would be interesting to know?

I bought PP0001 with 637 miles and now have over 800 miles on it and will put more miles on it once all of our pine pollen is gone and the weather improves. Just a great car to drive!

:)

TMO Supporting Vendors