The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Centri5.0 (One of BMO's newest members) and I rebuilt the front calipers on our cars. Both of our dust boots were fried and the pistons were somewhat dirty. Hopefully this should keep us going for a few more seasons. Oh and we added titanium shims as well...

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

buland said:
installed the windshield decal. thanks to pete at trackday solutions!!

IMG_1358_zps5db6d2df.jpg

P1010419_zpsad5d0f64.jpg

P1010418_zpsf37611fb.jpg

Nice job sir! Color matches look spot in the pics.

Pete@TDS

Oil change, brake fluid change to DOT 4, and transmission cooler install. Also decided to run without restrictor plates for a while and see how it sounds. So far, so good!

GOT SVT said:
I have been pondering putting in the 3/4 restrictor plate for the drive to charlotte
One thing I've noticed going from 3/4" to open is that the slight "thrum" I got ~65mph has shifted to ~75mph. Only seems to be there in 6th gear. But the roar of the open side pipes is definitely intoxicating! Great combo with my FRPP Touring axle-backs!

GOT SVT said:
I have been pondering putting in the 3/4 restrictor plate for the drive to charlotte
I might install my stock discs for the drive to Vegas. ::)

Got my neutral profile relearn done today which completes my Mcleod RST and Cobra Jet Pulse Ring install. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors