The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Was finishing up prep for first track day of the season this coming Saturday, flushing radiator and refilling with distilled water and Water Wetter. So much for that idea:

image-2_zps69b84fbc.png

Time for a trip to your dealer as it's still under warranty.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

The joint between the plate and the elbow. Very poor design. I may need to do it with my pit crew (son) if I am to have it done before Saturday.

PeteInCT said:
The joint between the plate and the elbow. Very poor design. I may need to do it with my pit crew (son) if I am to have it done before Saturday.
Same spot as mine. I need to figure out what parts I need to eliminate it and make it work with the FRPP cooler. I'm just not sure how to integrate an oil t-stat.

Got the car washed and put the summer shoes on. Ordered the Michelin PSS from Tire rack before they were all gone and they should be on by next weekend. Time to turn the nanny's off and smoke the Pirelli's. :) Hope I don't end up getting a ticket.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

PeteInCT said:

Pete
I have mine in a box, you're welcome to it if someone can pick it up.
Steve

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

Black Boss said:
Had to fire up the propane heater in the garage to start the install of the Diff cooler. Had originally planned on just the gage to check temps, but talking to the Ford Racing guys at Watson they said that with the Torsen, any extended track time, they add a cooler.

More than half way through. Will post pics next weekend.

Finished Diff Breather and Cooler Install. Pics are in "How To" section.

Not a lion, just a fat house cat. We do have lions in the neighborhood though. I found a cat print in the mud in my yard that was the size of my fist. :eek:

Luckily I have a spare race red facia.

NFSBOSS said:
There are lots of fat cats in Silicon Valley. That one won't be missed. ;)

Good luck with the repairs. Will it be ready for Vegas?

LOL. It had better be done before Vegas. I'm probably going to take this opportunity to weld in the Rehagen tow hooks as well.

Maybe you should have picked another color when you replaced you Boss, you don't seem to have very good luck with red ones.

steveespo said:
Damn that sucks, Mountain Lion? Try newtakeoffparts.com for a pre painted take off Race Red nose. Cheaper than buying and having painted plus its factory finish.
Steve

Fat Boss, what is the orange hose?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel