The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

installet the whiteline transmission mount.

much more vibration and noise but better shift

P1010534_zpscf914ebb.jpg

P1010535_zps0db89bea.jpg

P1010536_zpsd74b3273.jpg

Good install pics, thanks!

Yep, the NVH increase with the WL bushing insert is noticeable at first, but you get used to it. I don't even notice it anymore.

Went off...WAY off. Was in a long sweeper going about 70 mph when I hit a big bump ("lip" really) and got into a tank-slapper. I only tried once to save it and then it was both feet in. Yee Haw! This is a "grassroots" track, so no fancy gravel pits to slow the car down. I spun into the freshly mowed grass and kept on going. I slid all the way past the mowed grass and into the tall grass (hay, really), before coming to a stop. I would have got out and taken some awesome "You Are Here" shots, but in Texas, it takes about two seconds to start a grass fire that burns down a whole county. I didn't want to be THAT guy, so I immediately drove out of the brush and back onto the track. No real harm, except that I really scratched the crap out of my paint on one side. I talked to a detailer and oh boy am I going to pay the price for that. Hilariously, the inside of the car looked like it had been used for a hayride. The picture does not do it justice.

The photos are from Facebook, so let me know if you can't see them and I'll put 'em up somewhere else.

10329816_10203093544013885_438426764085412609_o.jpg

10264187_10203093543253866_4743968060543044876_o.jpg

10258689_10203093543773879_3653241107133741472_o.jpg

980048_10203093543853881_3421158545303847312_o.jpg

1614162_10203093543693877_5680385202819513062_o.jpg

Removing and returning my one piece aluminum driveshaft. Heavy vibrations at 60mph and gets worse the faster I go. Just as bad if not worse on decel. Had Ford set the pinion angle and then I removed it, cleaned all mating sefaces, re tapped the holes and put it back on with no difference. Stock one goes back in today. :'(

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

Jason said:
Removing and returning my one piece aluminum driveshaft. Heavy vibrations at 60mph and gets worse the faster I go. Just as bad if not worse on decel. Had Ford set the pinion angle and then I removed it, cleaned all mating sefaces, re tapped the holes and put it back on with no difference. Stock one goes back in today. :'(
tried rotating it 180 on the mounting points? That is the answer dyno tech gives to people when their shafts vibrate

Tulsa, OK

Jimmy Pribble said:
Went off...WAY off. Was in a long sweeper going about 70 mph when I hit a big bump ("lip" really) and got into a tank-slapper. I only tried once to save it and then it was both feet in. Yee Haw! This is a "grassroots" track, so no fancy gravel pits to slow the car down. I spun into the freshly mowed grass and kept on going. I slid all the way past the mowed grass and into the tall grass (hay, really), before coming to a stop. I would have got out and taken some awesome "You Are Here" shots, but in Texas, it takes about two seconds to start a grass fire that burns down a whole county. I didn't want to be THAT guy, so I immediately drove out of the brush and back onto the track. No real harm, except that I really scratched the crap out of my paint on one side. I talked to a detailer and oh boy am I going to pay the price for that. Hilariously, the inside of the car looked like it had been used for a hayride. The picture does not do it justice.

The photos are from Facebook, so let me know if you can't see them and I'll put 'em up somewhere else.

Sounds like a fun ride :)

Jimmy Pribble said:

That's awesome. :) Up here we end up mowing alfalfa, which the front splitter handles like a champ by the way. In fact, it's so efficient that it sails right through the brake cooling ducts and when it hits the rotors it looks and smells like something out of a Cheech & Chong's "Up in Smoke".

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

So do we ask, "Is Gary smokin' de alafalfa mon?" ;D

Spectacular job, Jimmy! Now I know the meaning of grass roots racing ;)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Installed the Blowfish Racing brake ducting and spindle ducting kit last night, fits WAY better than the kit I was running. Thanks Steve!

Installed Blowfish Racing tow hook, Areocatch Hood Pins, Ford Racing brake duct kit and LS front splitter.

14131028272_ccb18cba3c_b.jpg

13947371238_b9160fd96a_b.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Oil & filter change, wiped some dust off the roll cage...only a couple weeks until she hits the track again!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel