The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Boss1815 said:
I swapped the stock exhaust baffles for the 3/4" ones, and I never liked the stock driving light delete inserts so I had a buddy print a set on his 3D printer that had the honeycomb opened up. If you ask me, that's how they should have come from the factory.
Can he do more?!! I'd be very interested in a pair.

Fiddler49 said:
Can he do more?!! I'd be very interested in a pair.

It takes 2 hours to print each insert, so we ordered some molding material, that should speed things up and eliminate some of the 3D printer drawbacks. There have been several people ask about getting some, so if the mold works out he should be able make make a bunch of them.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

steveespo said:
Found potential problem causing vacuum leak. I have been chasing an air or exhaust leak since I have been trying to data log for a tune for my CJ intake. So far I have changed all the vacuum lines, replaced header gaskets, replaced O2 sensors and MAF sensor, and this morning pulled my intake to check the port gaskets. No way the port gaskets were leaking but upon examination I found a 3" long crack in the rear of the upper plenum, running from the seam between the halves in the middle to the reinforcing rib on the drivers side. I cleaned it out with electric contact cleaner and flooded it and the weld seam with medium viscosity super glue. I will let cure for an hour and then plan on coating with Super Black RTV. Hopefully this is what has caused my fuel trims to be 27% above baseline. Wish me luck.

Moral of this story is I don't know why it cracked, so be aware of any funny intake noises or idle stability issues. I thought my idle hunting was because of my tune and large CAI/85mm throttle body combo.
Steve

Boss or CJ intake?

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

It wasn't today but this is the first chance I've had to get back on the interwebs. Over the weekend with the help of Arizonaboss and Capt Distraction we installed the Cortex Xtreme Grip Track suspension system, the Watson "bolt-on" roll bar, Barton shifter and two post bracket, smaller rear sway bar (still waiting on the right front bar but if you have an 06 spyder I can hook you up), Jegs cat deletes, Ford Racing front and rear wheel studs, and a custom AED tune. Had the alignment done yesterday the car feels and sounds amazing can't wait to hit the track this weekend.

Oh and the Whiteline trans bushing too, so much stuff I can't remember it all!

Tulsa, OK

Tucson302 said:
It wasn't today but this is the first chance I've had to get back on the interwebs. Over the weekend with the help of Arizonaboss and Capt Distraction we installed the Cortex Xtreme Grip Track suspension system, the Watson "bolt-on" roll bar, Barton shifter and two post bracket, smaller rear sway bar (still waiting on the right front bar but if you have an 06 spyder I can hook you up), Jegs cat deletes, Ford Racing front and rear wheel studs, and a custom AED tune. Had the alignment done yesterday the car feels and sounds amazing can't wait to hit the track this weekend.

Oh and the Whiteline trans bushing too, so much stuff I can't remember it all!

You guys were busy!!! Awesome stuff 8) Report back when you get a chance to track the car with the new changes...

Put these in the other day after cleaning the car up real good. Custom made, leather pads.
bosspadin2.jpgbosspadin1.jpg

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

roadhouse said:
You guys were busy!!! Awesome stuff 8) Report back when you get a chance to track the car with the new changes...

Yeah and it was in triple digit heat, pretty sure I lost 10 lbs! Going to Inde Motorsportspark Ranch this weekend so will let you know how it feels on track Logan. If the drive home from Phoenix to Tucson is any indication its going to be awesome!!

Replaced brake fluid, switching ATE to Castrol SRF. Also added the Whiteline tranny bushing. The bushing stiffined things up nicely, giving the feeling that you're more connected to the raod. There is an increase in vibration that comes through the seat but IMO it's nothing significant.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Installed Drive Shaft Shop Carbon Fiber shaft, wrapped mid pipes with DEI wrap to protect shaft and maybe lower diff temps. Installed new rotors and Carbotech pads. Have to do SRF fluid flush, bolt on slicks and load up the trailer this evening for the trip to VIR.
Steve

Put in mgw shifter, SS clutch line, mmd hood struts, sound tube delete, cleaned/oiled JLT/K&N air cleaner and changed to the AED drag tune. Going to the track tonight :eek:

Redlinegoods.com is where I got it from. Have gotten stuff from them before. Decent price and they are pretty receptive to your feedback.
They have a discount code for the rest of the month, and are always offering some kind of discount. They mainly do shift boots and such but do other little things like this. Check them out.

Thank you for your photos and testimonial, Shaun :)

Nice to meet you guys!

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

roadhouse said:

Yeah we were sweating our asses off!

New tires...Michelin Pilot Super Sport (f) 275/35-19 and (r) 295/35-19.

Adjusted RLCAs to bring the thrust line to -0.05 deg.

Aligned to KB AGS-4 spec: Camber: -1.0 deg, Caster: +9.0 deg, Toe: -.027 total toe out.

Very happy.

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14

drove 851 miles in a straight shot Seattle-SLC for Boss Track Attack today.

Love the UT 80MPH speed limit.

I was doing 85mph@~2800rpm for quite a while and was showing 23.0mpg. And the engine was purring and rar'ing to go.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel