• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Yes I had the FRPP line full and the reservoir full as well.
I understand that the bend out of the slave cylinder could trap some air (isolated high point)...and as the whole thing is a "dead end" it is hard to get air out of it.
I will try more vacuum over a longer period of time and pumping at the pedal while appliying vacuum from the top of the reservoir.
Just have to find some air tight fittings.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

patrickshelby said:
Yes I had the FRPP line full and the reservoir full as well.
I understand that the bend out of the slave cylinder could trap some air (isolated high point)...and as the whole thing is a "dead end" it is hard to get air out of it.
I will try more vacuum over a longer period of time and pumping at the pedal while appliying vacuum from the top of the reservoir.
Just have to find some air tight fittings.
i used a door stop from meijer perfect fit for a tight seal. Thread with a pic is on the forum

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

Installed my speed bleeders and flushed out the junk my dealer put in with RBF 600

steveespo said:
No issue with running it down to the dealer. It may not even light up the CEL. Mine didn't for 3 days.
Steve

Mine hasn't come on yet . It's been 700 miles since I changed out to the Mcleod rxt. never did bring it to the dealer yet for the relearn..

Installed the DSS 3.5" aluminum drive shaft and Stifflers front safety loop... Feels more connected the the rear wheels now..

cloud9

Gary

808Boss said:
Installed the DSS 3.5" aluminum drive shaft and Stifflers front safety loop... Feels more connected the the rear wheels now..
It does seem to take out a lot of the play you get in the factory two-piece.

3 more coats of Zaino, almost ready for the drive to The All Ford Show in Carlisle, PA this coming week. I like the way the Boss looks after the Zaino treatment, but my arms hate it! One thing that you will notice after rubbing on her, is any imperfections that you have put on her. 7000 miles and a few minor road chips.

Changed the oil and bled the brakes.

Trying to install Kooks catback pipes and they keep leaking at the over axle slip joint :mad: :mad:

Tucson302 said:
Installed my speed bleeders and flushed out the junk my dealer put in with RBF 600

Do you have to flush out the entire breaking system to put in the speed bleeders?

A stone crushed my front windshield yesterday :'(
20140531_173546.jpg

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child

ArizonaBOSS said:
WOW that looks pretty :) FRPP CAI finally out, huh?
Did you go with the mono-blade?
Monoblade yes, over 1200cfm flow. How they make any low end torque with it I don't know, but when I told Shaun at AED I had the twin 65 he said and I quote " nope, get a SCJ throttle body, tuning the twin 65 is like a Boss intake with a 90 mm, you need more air then that if you want to make power"

I said, won't that kill the torque and he said no.

We'll see what the dyno says.
Steve

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child

Well I got the CJ intake all buttoned up and the car reprogrammed, here are some initial observations from a 15 minute test drive:
1) looks real pretty :)
2) has no bottom end and idle is terrible :D
3) tuner doesn't have a clue ;)
4) strange noises from the rear tires from 4500-7500 rpm in 2nd gear 8)
5) don't advise any one on the site buying this combo or getting an AED tune ::)

See you at the track suckers!!!!!
This thing is a freight train. Idles at 750 with not a hint that it's not stock
Driving around town is smooth and no stumble below 1500.
The surge you get at full throttle above 3000 rpm is outstanding
The ability to keep it below 7500 once you pass 7000 on the tach is impossible!
Honestly I think this engine is making 35 hp more easily.
And this is only a baseline tune that Shaun will tweak once I get him the data logs.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel