The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Swiss Boss said:
Went out to test my new headers and clutch line pop out at the transmission
Retaining clip is still on the elbow and have 2 track day with that stainless line.

And also broke the front splitter trying to get it on the flatbed :mad: :mad:
Sorry about the break. What clutch line are you using?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

steveespo said:
Uploaded my AED CJ Road Course tune. Can't wait to try it on track.

Very interested in your feedback for future modding purposes...

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Tucson302 said:
Got it tatted up, loaded up and ready to go to Laguna Seca tomorrow

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag33/TucsonBoss302/ee8f47a0-5b18-43d8-bbe3-a1b8bb540cfd_zpsdc2bac99.jpg[/ig]
[img width=900 height=671]http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag33/TucsonBoss302/photo1_zpsaba4f9ac.jpg[/ig]
[img width=900 height=532]http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag33/TucsonBoss302/cd245475-4c40-40ca-a65f-be596b312e45_zps7ad4985d.jpg[/ig]
[img width=900 height=671]http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag33/TucsonBoss302/photo5_zps09e72cbe.jpg[/ig]
[/quote]

Looks great, man!
Are you guys stopping at Agua Caliente on the way with us or are you going straight-through? We are leaving Chandler area around 10-11am.

Boss949 said:
Ordered Forgestar CF 5 Matte Black 19 X 10 +38mm Front 19 X 11 +53 Rear.

Will use Michelin Pilot SS 295/30/19 Front and 325/30/19 Rear
It will look WILD
Seems a bit wide on the rear...though.
But pls edit pics when you have this on your car!

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

ArizonaBOSS said:
Looks great, man!
Are you guys stopping at Agua Caliente on the way with us or are you going straight-through? We are leaving Chandler area around 10-11am.

Drew we are going stop in Palm Springs but will be a few hours behind you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tulsa, OK

steveespo said:
Uploaded my AED CJ Road Course tune. Can't wait to try it on track.

I took mine for a test drive around the block the other night and I liked the compression braking. Fans turning on earlier and a richer air/fuel mixutre at WOT should be easier on the equipment. I also like that TC/advancetrac is permanently off. I don't have the 302R abs module so this is a nice feature :)

roadhouse said:
I took mine for a test drive around the block the other night and I liked the compression braking. Fans turning on earlier and a richer air/fuel mixutre at WOT should be easier on the equipment. I also like that TC/advancetrac is permanently off. I don't have the 302R abs module so this is a nice feature :)

Gah this sounds awesome.

Roll bar is almost in. Test fit the front wheels today.

dydahuby.jpg

4a8ytu5y.jpg

ubynareb.jpg

Still hurrying to get everything ready for the weekend. Don't think there's going to be time for the front LCA bushings, 302r rack, and oil pan. If only Steve Espo lived around the corner!

Seats are up next. to those who have removed factory seats, have you retained the stock buckle? How do you get around the fasten seat belt sign flashing when you're using harnesses?

neema said:
Seats are up next. to those who have removed factory seats, have you retained the stock buckle? How do you get around the fasten seat belt sign flashing when you're using harnesses?
It's in the manual on how to turn the chime off and then you just ignore the light. Gary's the expert on this. If I find his email I'll forward it to you.

Brembo's?

roadhouse said:

Gah this sounds awesome.

Roll bar is almost in. Test fit the front wheels today.

dydahuby.jpg

4a8ytu5y.jpg

ubynareb.jpg

Still hurrying to get everything ready for the weekend. Don't think there's going to be time for the front LCA bushings, 302r rack, and oil pan. If only Steve Espo lived around the corner!

Nice!
Always did like the look your car had with the white grille surround and clean hood but I think the grille's new look ties in nicely with the lower fascia.
Still has that menacing look and will continue to intimidate the guy in front as you over take his lead. 8)

My son was going for a different look for his truck grille & wheels and tried that stuff out.
Happy with the results. Fairly durable but grippy texture.
Cleaning may require a little more effort and the use of a soft bristle brush - large bugs are the worst.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

NFSBOSS said:
Reinstalled my front clip after installing my new oil cooler and painting by CJ grille matte black with Plasti Dip. What do you think?
The black looks sinister but I do like the white...

They both look good but the white looks better IMO. It helps the white roof and stripes flow. like you said>>you can always remove it. It's nice to know that it's not permanent if you change your mind.

women spend time changing the color of there hair and nails... ::)
men spend time changing the color of there grills and wheels... ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel