The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

neema said:
Seats are up next. to those who have removed factory seats, have you retained the stock buckle? How do you get around the fasten seat belt sign flashing when you're using harnesses?

Maybe my car was programmed not to chime from the beginning but I never had a chime since I started using harnesses. I just unplugged the seats and rolled with it. Even since I've taken the belts completely out I haven't had a chime. Good luck.

Tulsa, OK

boss man said:
They both look good but the white looks better IMO. It helps the white roof and stripes flow. like you said>>you can always remove it. It's nice to know that it's not permanent if you change your mind.

X2...I like the white better! :p

roadhouse said:
X2...I like the white better! :p
LOL I thought most didn't like the Laguna Feca white. I'll see how the Plasti Dip wears. I scratched it on one side as I was installing it and I was being very careful. Easy to fix though.

Tulsa, OK

NFSBOSS said:
LOL I thought most didn't like the Laguna Feca white. I'll see how the Plasti Dip wears. I scratched it on one side as I was installing it and I was being very careful. Easy to fix though.

Like boss man said, I think it fits in well with the rest of the white on the car. Embrace the FECA!!! lol

NFSBOSS said:
It's in the manual on how to turn the chime off and then you just ignore the light. Gary's the expert on this. If I find his email I'll forward it to you.

Brembo's?

Thanks for the email last night Rick. I don't know if seat belt lights would have bugged me, but we'll see what it does without them.

Brembos are unfortunately back on because The Welds wouldn't fit up front without them. the stoptechs are quality pieces. I'm going to miss them. :(

If anyone is interested, I'll have some Stoptech ST60 380mm/15" brakes with almost new Carbotech XP24s and two sets of spare rotor rings up for sale soon.

Fastfordnut said:
My son was going for a different look for his truck grille & wheels and tried that stuff out.
Happy with the results. Fairly durable but grippy texture.
Cleaning may require a little more effort and the use of a soft bristle brush - large bugs are the worst.
You don't have to be gentle with Plastidip if you put enough coats on it, 5+ coats is what I would suggest.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

I'm sure you don't need me to pile on...but your car and the KB Track Attack cars are the reasons I got a white Boss grille for my KB GT, and plasti-dipped my Saleen grille white for the track .

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Okay, I'll chime in. I think black is better looking than the white. Perhaps there's a bit of bias in play here...

IMG_1328_zps7cdd700c.png

Received "Gripper" gear shift knob from MGW, George was correct, this knob really helps with precise shifts and to me, it really enhances the MGW setup. Ordered with "BOSS 302" logo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the black grill better! flows nicely with the lower bumper of the 12's

Boss949 said:
Received "Gripper" gear shift knob from MGW, George was correct, this knob really helps with precise shifts and to me, it really enhances the MGW setup. Ordered with "BOSS 302" logo.

Got any pics of the shifter?

I just dropped the car off to Rev Auto for the trans rebuild. If the price comes out reasonable enough, I may jump in and do an aluminum driveshaft and diff gear alignment to get rid of the whine.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland

installed a dead pedal on both cars:

P1010605_zps8de075fb.jpg

and had a little time to put some decals on

c018fd9f-212f-4c57-aadc-7c59f37422f6_zps84a69385.jpg

840f66e1-4493-4fd8-a494-2228d31c7bd6_zps9924f562.jpg

12f4dc68-d529-4749-a956-58b08d62fed2_zps05dd896e.jpg

yesterday the windows on the LS were tinted and a nice meet with a lambo gallardo:

P1010630_zps2f7458d4.jpg

714C475E-95FE-4B9E-9532-D0E95AA50379_zpsuw9puhft.jpg

49E6DDA6-784E-496D-84D2-928161742441_zpsdnbvzwgg.jpg

TymeSlayer said:
Okay, I'll chime in. I think black is better looking than the white. Perhaps there's a bit of bias in play here...

IMG_1328_zps7cdd700c.png
TymeSlayer, are these Michelins? What sizes on what size rims?
THX!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

patrickshelby said:
TymeSlayer, are these Michelins? What sizes on what size rims?
THX!

Patrick,

Those are Mickey Thompson Street Comps 255/40ZR19 and 285/35ZR19 on 19x9 and 19x10 Forgestar CF5Vs.

TymeSlayer said:
Patrick,
Those are Mickey Thompson Street Comps 255/40ZR19 and 285/35ZR19 on 19x9 and 19x10 Forgestar CF5Vs.
Thank you TymeSlayer!
Looks good!
Yes let us know what you feel about them.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel