The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

roadhouse said:
Picked up a set of sticker 305/650/18 Continental GT-O slicks today from a local AI guy. From what I've heard from others (mainly Drew) they may not be as fast as the Pirellis I normally run but they should last a good. We'll see how they turn out. Ideally I'd like a tad more wheel width for these tires but I guess my 18x10s will have to work ::)

20140729_191135_zpsqnxqhbcd.jpg
Yep 11" wide would be better.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

roadhouse said:
Picked up a set of sticker 305/650/18 Continental GT-O slicks today from a local AI guy. From what I've heard from others (mainly Drew) they may not be as fast as the Pirellis I normally run but they should last a good. We'll see how they turn out. Ideally I'd like a tad more wheel width for these tires but I guess my 18x10s will have to work ::)

20140729_191135_zpsqnxqhbcd.jpg

they will be fine...I'm running the same size tires on my 18x10's and I have no issues

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

NFSBOSS said:
You won't have any issues but a wider wheel will provide a better contact patch.

True dat! I order my tires from GT Racing so I told them my wheel size and they hooked me up with these slicks. Two sets that have lasted me three weekends so far for the price of one set of NT01's and still have heat cycles to go!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Changed the GT 500 mufflers for the Corsas- Have Watkins Glen coming up with no sound restrictions.
photo13_zps173dade5.jpg
Captured a little sound with some machine gun popping on the over run
[youtube]<iframe width="1280" height="750" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IyQWRGAcgRs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

Steve

drano38

Wayne

Steve, those sound awesome!

Today I washed the Boss, then removed the tire booger marks from last weekend's track event, and applied a much-needed coat of Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant. I haven't done this since I bought the Boss 3 years ago, so a bit over-do!
Next wash should dry off much better with the microfiber towels.

BLAZN BOSS

wished it wasn't raining so i could drive it.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

Corsa mufflers are awesome, about 18lbs lighter than the GT 500s and they are the Trumpets of the Gods on track. There is no mistaking when I am coming, you hear the car two corners before you see it. I'd like to think they give a little power too. I only have the touring model, much better tone than the Borlas I had 4 years ago.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

steveespo said:
Changed the GT 500 mufflers for the Corsas-
Sounds great. Been meaning to do the same but afraid of the local 5-oh...maybe before my next track day. When I looked in the Corsas, they only have a small slit exiting into the can. Otherwise it's pretty much straight pipe. 8)

My Roush ABs are loud as hell, too. But the tone on those sounds better. Mine are more raspy and high pitched, although it is hard to tell from a video since none of them seam to do justice to any AB. So far the police in my town just stare at me.

As Colorado is a front license plate state I was looking for a no-drill solution. With help from Craig from Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets, we determined the bracket for a 13-14 V-6 Mustang will work on the LS with the splitter installed. Just have to bend the bracket legs a bit to snug the bracket up to the bumper. Kudos to Craig....great customer service!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel