The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

BigTaco said:
Got my car back from Cortex on Friday; everything looks great. Looks like OEM.......
Photos?

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

Ordered the FRPP LS Gauge Set for my 2012 KB Boss, they should ship today or tomorrow.

byronj said:
I was thinking of doing the same. But now rain looks like its coming back in.
I think I'll be able to get it safely tucked backed in the garage before the rain arrives this evening. Back to the Fiesta ST for the next few days but the weather forecast for next week looks promising. I still need to install my goodies from Cortex and finish up with the rear seat delete after the Watson roll bar install.

Bay Area

GotCurvz said:
I think I'll be able to get it safely tucked backed in the garage before the rain arrives this evening. Back to the Fiesta ST for the next few days but the weather forecast for next week looks promising. I still need to install my goodies from Cortex and finish up with the rear seat delete after the Watson roll bar install.

DO you have the LS RSD? I bought one but don't have all the hardware and if you have it out and know the sizes that would help me out tremendously. Lets PM if you do so we don't steal the thread. Thanks

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Gonna take her out from under her cover and get out for a nice run today. Temps should be in the mid-fifties and the roads are clear. If I didn't have to finish taking down the Christmas lights, I'd try to start whittling down the pile of winter mods. It'll have to wait.

302 Hi Pro

Southeast

Yes, we got dumped on last night today and continuing through midnight tonight, about 22" of snow as of 4:30 PM EST.

302 Hi Pro

Replaced X11 ball joints. Drivers side went bad after two years. Removed the APR wing then put the LS wing back on. Installed the YellowBoss's Peterson breather kit I bought from Fomoco302.

302 Hi Pro said:
Yes, we got dumped on last night today and continuing through midnight tonight, about 22" of snow as of 4:30 PM EST.

302 Hi Pro

i feel your 22" of pain. now comes the back breaking clean up time.
any bosses with a plow setup on them :eek:

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

302 Hi Pro said:

302 Hi Pro

I find it difficult to feel bad for you Dave since my car sat under cover since Thanksgiving due to constant snow while you guys back east were still cruising around in a rather balmy winter for the most part.

302 Hi Pro

Southeast

Tyme:

I know, it was 70 degrees in mid December!

I hope you get a nice spell of weather that allows you to run your Boss on clean streets in January 2016. It's a great way to start off the new year, is it not?

Hahahaha, have fun out there and don't forget your Roots!

302 Hi Pro

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

She rumbled nicely through the hood with a Denver Bronco window flag waving proudly. I almost forgot how sweet she sounded. Fluids all looked great. Took about three minutes to get her up to temp. Did scrape those dang Kook Boss sidepipes again but as always, it left a small scratch and did twist the passenger side pipe slightly. Gotta figure out a way to lift them. I think they may be sitting or sagging a bit mid pipe. Going to see it I can lift it up in that area without making the outlets look cockeyed.

I will not forget my roots and do hope that snow melts soon.

GO BRONCOS!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel