The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Cobrarob said:
installed Vorshlags 18x11's...
image.jpg5_6.jpg
These babies are big
AWESOME!
305 Nittos? Series 35?
Did you have to modify something on the car or the wheels & tires just boted on?

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york

Thanks. No modifications, I already had the Roush steering limiters installed,no rubbing.
Tried to take a pic of strut/wheel space... I would say littl less than 1/4 inch.
image.jpg2_14.jpg

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland

started the seat cover change. passenger side took me about 3 hour.

47979FD7-CE26-4560-937C-A585A1AAD573_zpshc0usk26.jpg

I'll post more pictures after the job is done completely

Those look familiar! Nice work.

buland said:
started the seat cover change. passenger side took me about 3 hour.

47979FD7-CE26-4560-937C-A585A1AAD573_zpshc0usk26.jpg

I'll post more pictures after the job is done completely
Hey Bulent,
I can see you continue to take good care of your babies! :)
Nice!

buland

patrickshelby said:
Hey Bulent,
I can see you continue to take good care of your babies! :)
Nice!

Hi Patrick

Yes of course. Whats about your babies? everything ok? do you ordered a gt350? :)
You know, i still have your Blowfish Support-bracket in my cellar.

F.D. Sako said:
Awesome!
It's good to know these fit with standard shocks.

The standard shocks are the easiest to fit. The bodies are the smallest diameter and large diameter springs can have the perch moved up pretty far to clear the tire. The use of coilovers and/or 315 tires may require a 3mm spacer.

And yep, that is a super tight fit to get them as inboard as possible.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york

modernbeat said:
The standard shocks are the easiest to fit. The bodies are the smallest diameter and large diameter springs can have the perch moved up pretty far to clear the tire. The use of coilovers and/or 315 tires may require a 3mm spacer.

And yep, that is a super tight fit to get them as inboard as possible.
Yep they fit great! Blasted over an hour with them around me neighborhood,no probs.
Tell Jon thanks for the help

Were steering limiters a Vorshalg requirement (or advice) or did you just happen to have them on and thought they were needed?
In other words: Do you think you could have done without?

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york

Had them on the car already. Didn't push my brake ducts towards the middle of the car so I was gettin some rubbing last year. Heard someone used them so I tried them. With the 18x11 and big 305's,there's no rubbing with my setup.Maybe if I take the limiters out,I would experience the same rub on the ducts s last year,but now they fit with no probs. Hope this helps.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Put on some Lamin-X protective headlight covers. The light blue tint is subtle but should provide some protection both on the track and on the street. It's pretty thick stuff and went on easy. Was looking for something different, something that could cover the lenses while on the track but could only find something that used double sided tape which make it difficult to remove for the street,

Before:
IMG_2904_zpswyjcs2gg.jpg

After:
IMG_2906_zps9chhufpl.jpg

buland

i noticed today that the shelby clutch-fluid reservoir has a leak. unfortunately i hadn't the time to remove it from the boss and search the leak. half of the fluid is gone out.

TMO Supporting Vendors