The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Dimo said:
Blowfish Racing front tow hook and brake ducts
Welcome to TMO. Blowfish Racing makes some great fitting parts.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
NorCal

VoodooBOSS said:
Thanks! They do, and they're great to work with. I needed the template to make a cut for the tow hook, and they emailed it right to me.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york

Had to repair a hole in my Alum rad,so i went ahead a bought Steeda's lightweight support...
somehow the brackets were off! Frank and Chad at Steeda are fixing the problem,thanks guys
image.jpg1_24.jpg
image.jpg2_15.jpg
image.jpg1_23.jpg

IMG_7667_zpsl9aqj0lw.jpg [/URL][/img]
IMG_7667_zpsl9aqj0lw.jpg.html

Decided to blow a stack of Bennies on a stack of parts. No time for DIY so will have to blow another stack of Benjamins on having a local race shop do the honors. Oh well. It's a sickness!

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york

Cobrarob said:
Had to repair a hole in my Alum rad,so i went ahead a bought Steeda's lightweight support...
somehow the brackets were off! Frank and Chad at Steeda are fixing the problem,thanks guys
image.jpg1_24.jpg
image.jpg2_15.jpg
image.jpg1_23.jpg

Negative on the help from Steeda!! The 11 Gt500 rad support does not work with Ford racing front swaybar(Eibach repainted),
the welded tabs does not leave room for movement of bushings.

So this wasn't today, but over the past week I've added a Whitline Watts, Whitline LCA's with brackets, replaced all the calipers, upgraded to the GT500 rear brakes, replaced my SS brake lines, changed trans and rear diff fluids, checked the bushings, and dropped the car off for a roll bar to get welded in. Also picked up a new set of SVE drifts and 285/35-18 RS3's.

Still need to add a rear diff expansion tank, install oil cooler setup from Improved racing, change coolant, get retuned, and fit the new harnesses. First even is on the 30th at Pittrace. Only bad part is I have to go to Ft. Knox for 2 weeks this weekend. :'(

Smilieboy said:
So this wasn't today, but over the past week I've added a Whitline Watts, Whitline LCA's with brackets, replaced all the calipers, upgraded to the GT500 rear brakes, replaced my SS brake lines, changed trans and rear diff fluids, checked the bushings, and dropped the car off for a roll bar to get welded in. Also picked up a new set of SVE drifts and 285/35-18 RS3's.

Still need to add a rear diff expansion tank, install oil cooler setup from Improved racing, change coolant, get retuned, and fit the new harnesses. First even is on the 30th at Pittrace. Only bad part is I have to go to Ft. Knox for 2 weeks this weekend. :'(

That's a decent amount of modifications and upgrades!
I bet the cars going to feel a little different ;D

Who did you go with for the rollbar?
Any plans of doing events a little more south of you, Summit, VIR?

I've only driven it maybe 50 miles on the new stuff, but I LOVE it so far. Feels soooo much better and grips like it's got good tires on it.

Went with a local guy. He comes well recommended by the Porsche guys and other track day folks. Good price too. Based off estimate, he'll be cheaper than a Watson and about even with a MM bar installed. I plan to do Pittrace and Mid ohio in April and May, Watkins Glenn in June and Summit in July with PCA. After that I'm not sure. I might be moving again in July, possibly SC.

Smilieboy said:
First event is on the 30th at Pittrace. Only bad part is I have to go to Ft. Knox for 2 weeks this weekend. :'(

what event are you doing at Pitt Race?

This one.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/motorsport-expo-pitt-race-tickets-19756008754?utm_campaign=order_confirmation_email&utm_medium=email&ref=eemailordconf&utm_source=eb_email&utm_term=eventname

Smilieboy said:
This one.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/motorsport-expo-pitt-race-tickets-19756008754?utm_campaign=order_confirmation_email&utm_medium=email&ref=eemailordconf&utm_source=eb_email&utm_term=eventname

nice

if I get a chance I will try and come over after work that day, pitt race is only about 20 miles from me

Did this quickie today. Took all of about 20 min. Was careful not to break any tabs. Got a great deal on the parts so said why not...... ::)

52EE5C79-D9F1-47CD-94F4-41BC62660EC0.jpg

drano38

Wayne
Finally got the Boss out of the winter coral and let her stretch her legs on the way to work and back.
This spring I had my silver Enkei wheels powdercoated metallic gunmetal. They will be by street wheels and the stocker wagon wheels will live in the attic. Mounted up Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sports in 275/40/18 that I got on sale last summer.
Typical lousy smartphone camera pic.

IMG_20160422_170947_902_zpsbkkherhi.jpg

Changed brake pads and flushed the fluid. Used Hawk 5.0 Street Pads and Brembo fluid. My fluid was clean and the same color as the new fluid. I used almost a liter, I think I got all the old out. Better braking and more pedal. I am happy.

VoodooBOSS said:

Ditto! I have Steve's tow hook and the quality is amazing and the customer service was second to none!! I wouldn't hesitate to buy something from him if I needed it.

TMO Supporting Vendors