• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

15319072_1599550006728474_3146345462824700467_n.jpg

I setup my Christmas tree.

Grippy Holidays!!!!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
^ I totally want to plagiarize that...but I'd also like to stay married.

And I'm sure the HOA would have a fit if I made it out on the front lawn!

Broke the law today. Cold day so the Boss was making good power. The road was long and straight with a up hill grade and no traffic. She will do 150 really fast. I had huge smile on my face. It was a bucket list thing once and done.

VoodooBoss

Rick
Silver LS said:
Broke the law today. Cold day so the Boss was making good power. The road was long and straight with a up hill grade and no traffic. She will do 150 really fast. I had huge smile on my face. It was a bucket list thing once and done.
I have not gone that fast in either of my Mustangs but I can verify that a 1993 Nissan 300ZX TT will shut off the gas precisely at 155 mph. That was in Mexico of course. ;)

Grant 302

VoodooBOSS said:
I have not gone that fast in either of my Mustangs but I can verify that a 1993 Nissan 300ZX TT will shut off the gas precisely at 155 mph. That was in Mexico of course. ;)

That's why you need to run at Auto Club/Fontana. Best place to speed, this side of the border! ;D

Grant 302 said:
That's why you need to run at Auto Club/Fontana. Best place to speed, this side of the border! ;D

This!!!!

Buried the needle on the front straight there. 160MPH is slightly terrifying but an absolute blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grant 302

ArizonaBOSS said:
That place is intimidating.

Less so after the first time!

It's also the track that solidified my desire to get back into road racing despite a 20+ year hiatus and to buy a Boss exactly a month later. September 2011:
9670625154_84fc7152cc_n.jpg

Lookit that stock roll!

drano38

Wayne
Friday had the Bridgestone RE71R 275/35 tires mounted on my American Muscle 18x10 track wheels. If they drive as good as they look, I'll be in great shape.
Got about 8" of snow Saturday, so the only thing I'll be doing with the Boss is making sure I don't hit it when I drive the garden tractor/snow blower in and out of the garage this morning. :(

Grant 302

Got moar stickers for the FakeR:

30808861764_0fa2cf86d4.jpg

30808862064_2ac0bc6874.jpg

31288302601_4503a76b8d.jpg

I had my yearly oil change done today. 2758 miles and no oil usage. Seems strange last year it used a quart at 3600 miles. After leaving the dealer I had a check engine light. Took it back and they ran the codes and it came up P0420, bank one catalyst system efficiency below threshold. The dealership cleared and it did not return on the trip home. About 35 miles. I have an extended warranty so I was ready to spend some Ford money. I also had a lot of smiles driving it this year. IMHO these cars and the engine are amazing.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Where does one get a boulder tint like that? I'd like to get the black part and put my company name on there.
(race car is a tax write off so the name has to be on there somewhere)

My accountant calls it "A demonstration of competency" since I build experimental machinery......so it's related.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
RR2334 said:
Love that car and the look, Grant 302. And Fabman, yours is equally awesome.
Thank you.
I love everything with a Blue oval on it...like a blank canvas, everybody paints their own self portrait.
How magnificent is that?

RR2334

TMO Addict
Got some vinyl made for my car this summer.

IMG_0681.jpg

Got these made, for the company I work for.

IMG_0680.jpg

And the Castrol decal was donated from a family member who works there. The company decal on the top of the back window, did all the vinyl for me complementary.

IMG_0679.jpg

I have only put the vinyl on the glass, so far. May get some TMO sticker made up for the mirrors.

Grant 302

Nice! I wanted to do the windshield banner with the FP one, but I thought I had to go forward with the CTSC 158 clone.

RR2334 said:
Love that car and the look, Grant 302. And Fabman, yours is equally awesome.
Thanks! I thought it was going to be temporary for the 2015 BMO/TMO West track day...so much for that plan. A couple of weeks after Laguna Seca, when Billy Johnson's niece recognized the FakeR as "Uncle Billy's car", I decided to keep the stripes on a little longer.

Fabman said:
Where does one get a boulder tint like that? I'd like to get the black part and put my company name on there.

My accountant calls it "A demonstration of competency" since I build experimental machinery......so it's related.

It's just a 6" strip of black vinyl I got off e b a y. The lettering is from two other vendors. The Conti part is from a shop that had the Conti graphics and the right 'sunflower' 3M vinyl. The white lettering and the revised GS decals are from Doityourselflettering.com. Nice part about that site is that you can play with or tweak your own designs as much as you like.

Fabman said:

That's brilliant!!

Hmmmm since we deliver furniture, I wonder if mine could be called a demonstration in the safe transportation of goods.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel