The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

stunya said:
LP, where are you at in NJ.

We have a fair amount of fellas from Jersey on here. Might warrant a get together once the weather breaks!

I'm in Freehold - I have family in north Jersey too and get up there quite a bit

Towed it home from Vegas. Apparently what happens in Vegas in all actuality does not stay in Vegas. Details here : https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=3178.msg70836#new

ShelbyBash2013038_zps6b71ac0a.jpg

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.

Those guys were awesome for doing that. Glad you're ok and you got the car home.

For me, I took my Boss around the outside of Laguna Seca. Breathtaking drive just to the track. The video games do not do justice to that track, IMO.

That is painful just looking at the photos. Glad to hear you are OK, and you had a policy on the car! Keep us posted as to how well the policy covers.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!

Seven said:
Damn they told me $195 on s197 forum for the same thing (and $70 shipped but that isn't their fault), $150 would have been a good deal.

/mini rant

Seven
Call Dean the owner there. Great racing guy. He will probably sell them to you for $150 plus shipping. Tell them your buddy Brian bought a set this weekend and told you to call him. Let me know how it goes.

Brian

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!

Fat Boss said:
Towed it home from Vegas. Apparently what happens in Vegas in all actuality does not stay in Vegas. Details here : https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=3178.msg70836#new

ShelbyBash2013038_zps6b71ac0a.jpg

Glad you are okay! It looks bad but looks mostly cosmetic. Post a pic of her once she is all fixed up.
Brian

LP Heaven said:
I'm in Freehold - I have family in north Jersey too and get up there quite a bit

My family is from up that way as well. I am currently down in Cape May Court House.

Nothing, currently can't turn my head left or right so driving is out of the question. The sun was out too. Sad Panda. :(

stunya said:
My family is from up that way as well. I am currently down in Cape May Court House.

Nice ! when you guys get together let me know - im always down for a ride n hang - or if we have stuff to do to our Bosses that would be cool as well

Rob

Had a great day out at chuckwalla Sunday. Managed to shave 3 seconds off my lap time and ran a 2:07
For those of you that remember mike in the red z06 he turned a 1:59

Great fun

dgc76

Life is good

Track Key. Took the dealer two tries to get it loaded. I can tell a real difference in engine braking.

Installed my new dead pedal in my '13 LS.... Then swapped the dual points out of my 70 Boss for a Petronix Ignitor III and coil, rev limiter set at 8000rpms (engine was balanced and run to 8500 on the dyno but had points bounce)...just need to run a 12v supply for the electronics and take her for a test drive!

What did you do to your boss today?

Installed my Christmas Present today, MGW! And washed off all the winter garage dust and went for a test drive. Wow, MGW has to be the best mod for the money.

max5ive0 said:
Installed my Christmas Present today, MGW! And washed off all the winter garage dust and went for a test drive. Wow, MGW has to be the best mod for the money.

how did the MGW install go? I have the shifter sitting on the bench ready to install.

Keavdog said:
how did the MGW install go? I have the shifter sitting on the bench ready to install.
Took me 4 hours on jack stands. Tip, read the instructions even if you have watched the video because they address some common errors and provide helpful tips. Getting the lower and upper body together over the shift rod is a PITA with the driveshaft in the way, just be patient. A helper inside the car would have been beneficial. The dust boot was probably the biggest pain though.
But Oh Man is it GREAT!

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

max5ive0 said:
Took me 4 hours on jack stands. Tip, read the instructions even if you have watched the video because they address some common errors and provide helpful tips. Getting the lower and upper body together over the shift rod is a PITA with the driveshaft in the way, just be patient. A helper inside the car would have been beneficial. The dust boot was probably the biggest pain though.
But Oh Man is it GREAT!
yeah the boot gave me the greatest heart ache it took longer then the rest of the removal and install to get on right. took me about an hour to install over all. I almost was going to boil the boot and wear gloves to put it on as that would have made it easier. next time I do one I will try that see how it goes.

Boiling it sounds like a great idea but I would put in a call to MGW and make sure they dont think it will be deformed by doing that

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel