The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Cleaned my garage, brought my Boss home from storage and installed my new license plate. Please ignore the snow blower in the background, as I am trying to do.

photo_zps8ca581cb.jpg

GB899 said:
bought 2 cases of Mobil 1 at NAPA...
Then cursed the falling snow...
So when is that global warming thing supposed to kick in?
I hear ya this weather sux. At least George told me they had the track open down in Hastings last weekend. Hope to see that NE plate at MPH or MAM sometime.

LS110 said:
Cleaned my garage, brought my Boss home from storage and installed my new license plate. Please ignore the snow blower in the background, as I am trying to do.

photo_zps8ca581cb.jpg
That wing just looks awesome John 8)

Washed the Boss, then drove my daughter out to see her Daily driver for a couple of hours. She loves riding in the Boss.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

My weekend started lousy on Thursday when I got the email that our opening day event at Lime Rock Park was cancelled due to snow on the run off areas. So I had to go to plan B, found a PCA event at Lime Rock for April 6 and the cost was $100 cheaper than with our other club 8) But I had to have the car teched by a PCA approved shop. Looked up the list and found that ICS in Stamford CT is on it. Called George who does sick things with Turbos to BMWs and Porsches and asked him to do the inspection and a few dyno pulls......so up early this AM and off with the slicks, drove to his shop and we did this;
Dynoday004_zpsad84d0a1.jpg
Dynoday006_zps8328132e.jpg
RunFile_006442HP385T_zpsb7d2ecb7.jpg
RunFile_003444HP384T_zps3f50c84a.jpg
Did 6 pulls, 1 warm up and 5 full on, these 2 were the best, and although the jpgs are Uncorrected the SAE Smooth 1 numbers were 431HP/374TQ. Very happy with results, there is a dip from 6500-6800 and then it picks back up from 6900-7400. We talked about a little more timing to see if it would flatten out and maybe raise the limiter to 7650. I plan on seeing what he can do after I install the Cat delete sections in my American Racing x pipe.

Got home and finished the gauge install for my differential, didnt paint the color rings yet but will do that tomorrow. During a 25 mile highway cruise the temps got to 135 F and stayed there, it was 40 degrees ambient so I didn't expect it to go to high. Did not run the cooler pump. Have the led warning set for 225 F, when that light goes on I will see it in the mirror and turn the pump on. We'll see how it works in the summer.
Dynoday014_zps8bc67728.jpg

After that I washed her up and put it to bed for a few weeks, have a few decals to install tomorrow as well.
Dynoday011_zpsd43ba3e2.jpg
Dynoday010_zps6daec485.jpg

Still love this car!!!
Steve

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!

I bought 2011 GT500 axle back take offs for $150 today from Rehagen Racing at a swap meet. Looking forward to putting those on.

Brian

Great results Steve 8) You're going to be making some ridiculous power with the cat deletes based on what you're making already!

Aw man, I don't want to post after Steve. That is just the best looking Boss. Then he goes and does sexy stuff like dyno pulls and gauges. Oh well, here goes.

I changed my pads today.

ferodo_4446.jpg

The car is almost two years old. I have never thought the brakes were very good, but as you can see, I haven't been making it to the track enough to be bothered to change the terrible things. A few weeks ago, I thought I started hearing some noise, so it was time. After a lot of research, I decided to go with Pagids in the RS-29 flavor up front and the RS-56 out back.

I drove to a test track at an undisclosed location in Mexico and bedded them in according to the factory recommendations. My initial impression is that I am going to like this setup. Even with coldish tires, the braking force was much more substantial than stock and on the drive home, I didn't hear a single peep from the brakes. I know from experience that they can become noisy later, but my fingers are crossed.

I'm doing a half day at the track tomorrow and I will data log my laps and compare with the stock setup in the hopes I can find some interesting brake performance data. I expect that the straights just got longer. ;)

Anxious to hear you impressions of the Pagids Jimmy. I just bought RS-14/RS-56s but haven't tried them yet. I'm going to finish off these Hawk DTCs in April then put on the Pagids and give them a go this season.

Seven

Dacia Sandero

batman48195 said:
I bought 2011 GT500 axle back take offs for $150 today from Rehagen Racing at a swap meet. Looking forward to putting those on.
Brian
Damn they told me $195 on s197 forum for the same thing (and $70 shipped but that isn't their fault), $150 would have been a good deal.

/mini rant

steveespo said:
[size=12ptGot home and finished the gauge install for my differential, didnt paint the color rings yet but will do that tomorrow. During a 25 mile highway cruise the temps got to 135 F and stayed there, it was 40 degrees ambient so I didn't expect it to go to high. Did not run the cooler pump. Have the led warning set for 225 F, when that light goes on I will see it in the mirror and turn the pump on. We'll see how it works in the summer.

Still love this car!!!
Steve[/size]

Or you could plug a 225 degree temperature sensative switch into the equation and have it turn on the pump for you. :)

LS110 said:

photo_zps8ca581cb.jpg
What kind of flooring is that in your garage? Looks real good.

orng302 said:
What kind of flooring is that in your garage? Looks real good.

It is an epoxy floor, applied in several steps. The floor is a couple of years old and looks like new. Picking the correct color fleck is key as it hides dirt even when it is dirty. Below is the website to the product, although not a lot of detail is provided regarding the specifics of the epoxy. You will need to hire one of their local installers to do the work. The installer in the Cities here has been beyond great. He came up with the wood trim idea around the edges to cover exposed concrete block that he was then able to coat with the epoxy.

http://www.premiergarage.com/index.asp

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska

cloud9 said:
I hear ya this weather sux. At least George told me they had the track open down in Hastings last weekend. Hope to see that NE plate at MPH or MAM sometime.

I am planning on heading Hastings in september... was only a spectator last year on sunday...
I will need to check the MAM Schedule to see... I am in the big "O" MAM is just down the river...

I ordered Jegs cat deletes. 8)

A very special thanks to Justin for the massive help offered in quick reply.

It's going to snow tomorrow and then crap roads here in Jersey for the next few days - a perfect time for the install in the garage.

LP, where are you at in NJ.

We have a fair amount of fellas from Jersey on here. Might warrant a get together once the weather breaks!

LS110 said:
It is an epoxy floor, applied in several steps. The floor is a couple of years old and looks like new. Picking the correct color fleck is key as it hides dirt even when it is dirty. Below is the website to the product, although not a lot of detail is provided regarding the specifics of the epoxy. You will need to hire one of their local installers to do the work. The installer in the Cities here has been beyond great. He came up with the wood trim idea around the edges to cover exposed concrete block that he was then able to coat with the epoxy.

http://www.premiergarage.com/index.asp

They do a great job, I'm also a Premier Garage owner here in KY, I know the guys that did your floor, good installers.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel