The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

It's F'in 30 degrees outside and sleeting here in the Northeast ! Track day on Saturday. Today was the day I was going to prep my trailer and swap front pads on the old girl. What the ^%$# weather is this anyway? You'd swear I lived in South Dakota or something !!!! ;D

(Comments from Gray or Rick will be deleted.... ::) )

I have some extra mittens if you need them. Did I mention it was 80 degrees at ThunderHill on Saturday? No sleet in sight. ;D

You should have made plans to go to the Shelby Bash this week Pete! It's supposed to be 89* in Palm Springs on Thursday, and 72* in Vegas on Friday. 8)

I'm guessing the reason you guys live in the north / northeast is because you were born there? ::)

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

Sunny and warm here in Southern Arizona and I promise I'm not rubbing it in. I'm sure in a month it will be pleasantly warm in CT but here it will be so damn hot that I can bake a cake in the front seat of my truck while it's parked at work!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Drove to work as usual; sunny and low 70s this morning here in the Phoenix area...and yes I am rubbing it in.

Fat Boss said:
You should have made plans to go to the Shelby Bash this week Pete! It's supposed to be 89* in Palm Springs on Thursday, and 72* in Vegas on Friday. 8)

I'm guessing the reason you guys live in the north / northeast is because you were born there? ::)

Yup its where my whole family is. Honestly, minus winter its a great place to live for the most part. We have 3 great weather seasons. Its winter that sucks. We don't have too much in the way of natural disasters. We don't have to worry about earthquakes, tornadoes, wild fires, mud slides or volcanos. We do get an occasional hurricane along the seaboard and a few blizzards from time to time but its a relatively disaster free area. As beautiful as California is I wouldn't want to live with the threat of regular earthquakes, wild fires and mud slides.

Started to research available cam lobes
I have made the decision that im going to swap cams and pull the heads
Ill update the heads to my port design and add my valve job ect
Replace spring pack also

Im still contemplating swaping to a cj intake

Fat Boss said:

After snow blowing my drive today, with snow blowing in my face and 25 degrees, I came in the house and declared to my family we are moving out of MN in 2018, the year my youngest graduates from high school. Not one of my 3 girls and wife would have anything to do with it. Two of my girls said we needed to change the subject as it made them sick to even thinking about it. The family ties are too deep and I am stuck here in MN. FYI - my son is in college in Denver and I am guessing that will be his future home.

LS110 said:
After snow blowing my drive today, with snow blowing in my face and 25 degrees, I came in the house and declared to my family we are moving out of MN in 2018, the year my youngest graduates from high school. Not one of my 3 girls and wife would have anything to do with it. Two of my girls said we needed to change the subject as it made them sick to even thinking about it. The family ties are too deep and I am stuck here in MN. FYI - my son is in college in Denver and I am guessing that will be his future home.

When I retire I am selling my snowblower and heading just far enough to the south to not need one. No ones going to find me dead in my driveway with shovel in hand. They can stay, I'm going. They can come visit.

I protected her. From a Facebook post I made this morning:

221755_10200394185331605_1941552014_n.jpg

If you were in my neighborhood at 3am this morning, you would have seen a frantic gentleman, wearing only his man-panties, piling cardboard boxes onto his car in the middle of a hail storm, shouting, "Save the Boss! Take me instead!" This is what it looked like this morning. No damage.

A friend of mine just down the road wasn't as lucky. We just moved-in and the second side of the garage isn't cleared yet. Don't worry, I will now redouble my efforts. Whew. :eek:

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego

1. popped the iPhone holder that arrived today into the power port between the center dash vents
2. downloaded Google maps
3. enjoyed my new NAV system for the Boss!
iPhoneholder2_zpsb83974aa.png

...haven't heard any good things about Apple Maps
AmeliaE_zps60d2785d.png

http://store.everythingicafe.com/igrip-universal-fit-cigarette-lighter-mount/3A78A1740.htm

Got the track key installed today nice! Drove awhile love the sound.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel