The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Eric said:
Jimmy,

I will check...the orientation was what I was told over the phone....thanks for the heads up.

r/
Eric

I have wondered the same thing. Eric I have the same KB control arms and I have them installed the way you do, but I have also seen the picture Jimmy posted on their website. I got back under the car and tried to put them on according to that picture and they don't fit. So I put them back on the same way you have them. I have several track days and probably 3,000 miles on my car with no issues. They are just noisy. Maybe we are both wrong though, who knows...

Justin and I put the MGW on today. I was getting used to the stock shifter and forgot how amazing that MGW is. Worth every penny.

Tulsa, OK

Eric said:
Logan,

Verified the LCA orientation is correct.

r/
Eric

DSC01077_zpsc062425e.jpg

Fantastic! Thanks for letting me know. Your new suspension setup looks killer by the way. Be sure and let us know how it performs. Also, I believe you mentioned Chicane23, are you located near OKC or north Texas? I'm in Tulsa, OK and have a friend with a Boss who has had some work done at the OKC shop.

Took a long look at her today trying to see what
Is turning me off with her nose

Im thinkink its to hood stripe

Im thinking about dropping that stripe and then adding
Some hotrod black or similar flat black to the hood
Also might paint the rear spoiler and mirrors sby
Just to be different

Steve

Steve. Let your Boss sit in direct sunlight for an hour and the decal will peel right off. It will look fine without the hood decal. ;)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

gremlinsteve said:
Took a long look at her today trying to see what
Is turning me off with her nose

Im thinkink its to hood stripe

Im thinking about dropping that stripe and then adding
Some hotrod black or similar flat black to the hood
Also might paint the rear spoiler and mirrors sby
Just to be different

Steve
I did this with Ditzler Textured Blackout paint. OEM for 1969 Boss 302 hood and decklids.
Bossparts040.jpg
Steve

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626

Late to the party, but...

...On the whim, I decided to spend $20 & 15 minutes at the muffler shop today, during lunch, and have them slap my new 3/4" discs on the side-exhaust. :eek: Damn! ;D

Discs were well worth the money. Likewise on the $20 install to avoid having to wait three more days.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

NeuRon said:
Discs were well worth the money. Likewise on the $20 install to avoid having to wait three more days.

Very cool, I ordered my disc's yesterday can't wait to get them installed!

Its not even close to a dd for me
Im just workin my way tp more power
Ect
If i cant get what im after.na ill toss some boost at her

Just some way to spend more money

Dealer installed TracKey software. Haven't had any time to play with it as it's raining. Wasn't too impressed with the so called lopey idle but I could tell it was there. Also had the windows tinted, 25% on the sides and 10% on the back glass, Arkansas limits. Looks good!

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

1sgret said:
Dealer installed TracKey software. Haven't had any time to play with it as it's raining. Wasn't too impressed with the so called lopey idle but I could tell it was there. Also had the windows tinted, 25% on the sides and 10% on the back glass, Arkansas limits. Looks good!
the hotter the car gets the better the trackey idle. I did find that the trackey lopey idle was very inconsistent. AED lopey idle is spot on perfect and sounds great :)

TMO Supporting Vendors