The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

a ride around the block wound up with a nice "cruise" with a M6 - 1st time I went up against one
Son - I am disappoint ! , for a car over 100k! and I feel like a million bucs :)

Got home and let her cool off some. Washed her and made her all purty again

By the way all your bosses look awesome especially that GHIG

Glenn

Still plays with cars...
Omaha

Broke out of winter storage for the first time this year, put a hundred miles or so on. Wow! Feel like a teenager again every time I drive this car...California Car Duster and back under the cover again waiting for consistent good weather...gotta love Nebraska in the spring. Ditto on the GTHG ;D

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Glenn said:
Broke out of winter storage for the first time this year, put a hundred miles or so on. Wow! Feel like a teenager again every time I drive this car...California Car Duster and back under the cover again waiting for consistent good weather...gotta love Nebraska in the spring. Ditto on the GTHG ;D
Same here, took her out for the first ride of the year. I was thankful wife was with me. Drove it civilized the whole time. Hahahahaha

Turned 20,000 miles on Friday. I'm working on the write-up. This happened to occur on a long road trip, which made it all the more special. This is her at exactly 20,000.0 miles.

DSC_0154a.jpg

If only they offered a 2012 Black Boss with white stripes. Car looks good in B&W picture

First drive of the season. It was awesome. Only 55 out, but dry. Windows open, no radio. Noticed oil life is at 47% remaining with only 750 miles. Will change when I get track key next month.

CrazyHorse1847 said:
Pulled out the drive shaft, MT-82, clutch and flywheel. Tremec Magnum XL install starts Monday.

Let us know how this works out for you. What clutch and drive shaft are you getting, the parts that come as a kit or purchased separately? I went with a Axle Exchange shaft and so far tested to 140 MPH with no problems. Going to find out soon how it holds up to 160+.

Got a nice wave, smile and thumbs up from an Aston Martin with license plates "007who" on Saturday... On Sunday got off the freeway to come up on a guy loading his 1969 mercury cougar track car in a trailer and stopping me to ask why he didn't see me at the track - really proud of the boss - very well received by the car community.

YellowBoss said:
Let us know how this works out for you. What clutch and drive shaft are you getting, the parts that come as a kit or purchased separately? I went with a Axle Exchange shaft and so far tested to 140 MPH with no problems. Going to find out soon how it holds up to 160+.

+1. This clutch/trans/ds swap is on my list for next year. Greatly interested in how it performs/compares (which I know is better).

Today, I did my taxes. I can now browse the Kenny Brown catalog with impunity. 8)

Okay, that's a slight overstatement, but I do have a little money coming to me and it should cover the "typical" upgrade kit of springs, dampers, relo-brackets, LCAs, and panhard bar, with a little left over to pay for some track time. :)

YellowBoss said:

DGRacing said:
+1. This clutch/trans/ds swap is on my list for next year. Greatly interested in how it performs/compares (which I know is better).

Got the kit from JPC. Opted for the McLeod RXT clutch and lightened steel flywheel. It came with a Dynotech driveshaft. Got the old stuff out without any issues. New clutch, bellhousing and trans went in flawlessly as well. Only thing I've been having to work out is that the wiring is not plug and play. All of the plugs on the Magnum are different. It comes with an adaptor for the speed sensor and a speed calibrator/corrector since the gearing is different. They forgot to send me the wiring diagram though so I wasted several hours today waiting to hear back from them about how splice in the parts. Hope to have it all finished sometime tomorrow.

CrazyHorse1847 said:
Got the kit from JPC. Opted for the McLeod RXT clutch and lightened steel flywheel. It came with a Dynotech driveshaft. Got the old stuff out without any issues. New clutch, bellhousing and trans went in flawlessly as well. Only thing I've been having to work out is that the wiring is not plug and play. All of the plugs on the Magnum are different. It comes with an adaptor for the speed sensor and a speed calibrator/corrector since the gearing is different. They forgot to send me the wiring diagram though so I wasted several hours today waiting to hear back from them about how splice in the parts. Hope to have it all finished sometime tomorrow.

Had the same issue with the wiring, spent a lot of time on the phone. I had a thread called "New Boss" in the tech section if you feel you can add any tips on the install, might be better then this thread. I'm sure others will appreciate any advise on your install.

Installed a JLT CAI and Bama tune.thinking of ordering a short shift and some gt500 flat black powdercoat wheels with 19x10" tires for the back and 19x 8.5s for the front...

DKL said:
Installed a JLT CAI and Bama tune.thinking of ordering a short shift and some gt500 flat black powdercoat wheels with 19x10" tires for the back and 19x 8.5s for the front...

You feel much difference w/that CAI and tune? I was looking at that the other day.

steveespo said:
Messed around with my new trans scoop

Took mine off for good, this was with the P-Springs, with the car even lower it would have been torn off. I would like to figure out another way to get some free air in there. My shifter get so hot if I touch it below the ball it burns my fingers.

scoop_zps675e75b8.png

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel