• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

But the rear sway bar back on.
I was getting a lot of clunking on the driver rear, so I bought an 8 oz tub of suspension lube, took it off, removed the bushings, cleaned them, lubed the crap out of them, reassembled.
Hope its quiet now.
Then I fired up the JD garden tractor, and blew the foot of snow off the driveway to expedite clearing off.

[quote author=YellowBoss link=topic=2494.msg73988#msg73988 date=1365897369]
My shifter get so hot if I touch it below the ball it burns my fingers.

[/quote]

Lol. No touching below the balls.

;D

Stock or mgw?

I switched winter wheel/tires to summer wheels/tires (stock)

I found two of my McGard wheel locks cracked and barely hanging on the studs. I'm assuming they cracked due to thermal stresses and got loose. Both front wheel locks were cracked similarly, but rear wheel locks were ok. I'm just glad it didn't cause any damage or harm during my commutes.

so lessons learned, everyone go check your aftermarket lug nuts and wheel locks!

Also while the car was in the air, I went ahead and switched from 3/4" to 7/8" exhaust discs, since i don't annoy the neighbors enough.

Took my sister for a rip in the Boss. She loved it, Giggled like a school girl when I hung the tail out at 80.

YellowBoss said:
Took mine off for good, this was with the P-Springs, with the car even lower it would have been torn off. I would like to figure out another way to get some free air in there. My shifter get so hot if I touch it below the ball it burns my fingers.

Should be able to duct some air in there with something along the idea of the brake cooling ducts.

painted my hood vents a single stage satin black. the factory white was yellowing something horrible.
904891_10200454442137504_615534145_o_zps15dda759.jpg

Im having the same problem with the yellowing.
Thinking of my options, paint or vinyl.

Highpower11 said:
Jeff, looks good! How difficult was it to remove the vents?

they come right out. 1 nut on the hood side and then just plastic clips they pop right out. I didn't remove the hood blanket just the 3 outer most clips on each side so I could look around and see how they were mounted. I think it can be done without touching the hood blanket.

F.D. Sako said:
Im having the same problem with the yellowing.
Thinking of my options, paint or vinyl.

Going to Plastidip mine soon. Good matte finish option that is not permanent.

I was looking at these options from Big Worm Graphix http://www.bigwormgraphix.net/Mustang-hood-vent-inserts-2013.htm

Jeff reports the inserts come out easily so painting or even Plasti-Dip is a good option as well.

thanks for the insert link.

i wanted something that would somehow match the stripes.

Hey JT, I am trying it on the race tune right now and I notice the throttle response is better, but it is at a higher rpm, so running up to red line seems to be sooner than before. I don't notice any hp increase, of course for what little it claims to add, would not really be noticable..

I noticed when the hood is up and I rev on the throttle, I can deffinately hear the air being sucked in...

FRPP rear LCA, Brake cooling ducts, Trans cooling scoop, and Motul 600 Brake Fluid flush...getting the 2013 ready for Autobahn in June.

Just finished installing the mgw shifter. Can't wait to try it out may 4th (chuckwalla) and 5th (acs)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel